1/29/17: Tomatoes Started

Discussion in 'Fruit and Veg Gardening' started by hummerbum, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Those babies are looking sooooooo good. I do hope that you can wink your way onto one of those garden plots. :fingerscrossed:

hummerbum likes this.
  2. hummerbum

hummerbum Young Pine

Thanks Sjoerd...me too. Funny story..i was a bit nervous about telling hubby that we may be growing them on the patio bcuz I have no other options. So this morn I decided to take a plant to him so that he could witness the growth and the care that those plants have gotten..then I proceeded to tell him about the lots. Then I told hI'm that we may have to grow them on the patio if all else fails and one of them (this one I'm holding..rapunzel) will produce more than we are prepared for..the plant is a vigorous grower but we can use the plants for a bit.of privacy on that patio and you can pluck till your hearts content as you're sitting out there. Then I really socked it to him with the thought of tomato sandwiches and his all time fav...my salsa!! he told me this morn that he doesnt even like the jarred stuff anymore..he thinks about my salsa...lmbo!!! His eyes started getting glossy and I knew that I had him!! I told him its quite possible that he will be sick of tomatoes by the end of the year (long growing season here) then I took him the bucket of carrots and he said he can see what's about.to happen!!! Y'all, I can see a small glimmer of happiness about my gardening passion from hubby for the first time!!!

3. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Hummer--What a good story.It was interesting on a gardening level but also because it gave a bit of insight into the clever workings of a "woman's mind". I must remember to be on the alert when I notice such a PR initiative. chuckle.
    But seriously, it must give your ego a tremendous boost when you heard his words about your salsa. Congrats to you.
    I also liked that your gardening passion dawned on him. That was a special moment, Hummer.

I am really happy for you.