10 Year competition results soon. Plus an announcement!

Discussion in 'Site News' started by Frank, Jan 30, 2015.

1. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Hi all!

Just to let you know that I've closed entries for the 10 Year competition. Thank you all for the entries, they were really something! I'll perform the random draw really soon so stay tuned.

Now an Announcement!

As you can imagine over the course of a decade a lot of things have changed about the way people browse the Web. With the advent of smaller screens like smartphones websites have had to adapt. Here at GardenStew while the design has changed the software underneath is still basically the same as when the site launched.

So after 10 years it's time to upgrade the forums to a newer software. I've been working behind the scenes for a few months now on the new site version. It was a bit challenging as I had to make the newer software work with older features but it's just about ready to go! I hope to perform the upgrade next week. Blogs, Gardens and the Plant database are not going anywhere just in case you were worried.

If you want a preview of how the forums are going to look shortly head on over to our sister site AuntieBel.com - The Friendly Community for Women. The design is clean and displays wonderfully on desktop, smartphone and tablet browsers. It also comes with a lot of new and useful features.

I'll answer any questions you have so just let me know :) Thanks for reading and looking forward to showing you the new version soon!

2. Loading...