#2 of our West of the Lake tour.

Discussion in 'Garden Visits and Flower Shows' started by Tooty2shoes, Aug 15, 2016.

1. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

The last pic in the first post is a view of one of the rose beds. Here are the rest of the pic's I took of the Annuals and Perennials they had planted.
    DSCN4523.JPG
    That is one of the 4 rose beds in the background that are here. These are annual impatiens that surround the fountain.
    DSCN4527.JPG
    DSCN4528.JPG
    DSCN4529.JPG
    DSCN4532.JPG
    DSCN4533.JPG
    Not sure what those interesting looking pinwheel looking flowers are? I will have to post a more up close pic in flower ID thread.
    DSCN4534.JPG
    This is another two of their Rose beds. All of the roses are pink surrounded by beautiful pastel annuals.
    DSCN4536.JPG
    My honey pointing to the SS Badger heading from Manitowoc, Wis to Ludington, Michigan. With more beautiful flowers in the background.
    DSCN4537.JPG
    DSCN4541.JPG
    Love the color combinations they use. This is a very neat thing to do with a bird bath. This one is quite large.
    DSCN4542.JPG
    DSCN4543.JPG
    Well on to do posting #3

Attached Files:

2. Loading...

3. Islandlife

Islandlife Young Pine

Definitely love the birdbath idea. That is superb!

I'd like to know the name of those pinwheel flowers too. They're pretty cute.

Philip Nulty and Tooty2shoes like this.
  4. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

I'm curious about the pinwheel flowers too. I like the looks of the bird bath also though it isn't something I would try.. :(

5. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I agree with everyone else that the birdbath is a real eye catcher. I'd love to have something just like it in my garden. I really enjoyed seeing all the planting and how it was laid out.

Advertisement
  6. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

So glad you all are enjoying the garden walk. I have an old satellite dish that might work in making a neat looking succulent garden. I also agree with you all on the great lay out of their flowers. I sure wish they would have labeled them thou.

Philip Nulty likes this.
  7. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Awesome colors and beautiful flower beds,..gosh i love that Bird Bath arrangement.

Ah your flower is named 'Blue Bell Tunicate',..other names are 'Lilac Spoon',..'Spoon Daisy',..'Spoon Flower' :)

Tooty2shoes likes this.
  8. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Thank you Philip. Yes that bird bath was quite stunning. Thank you for the flower name. I am planning on planting some of those next spring.

Philip Nulty likes this.
  9. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

Beautiful...and that is in Wisconsin? I have never been there. I go to the Botanical gardens in Green Bay to look at their gardens, some even take a lunch and picnic.

Philip Nulty likes this.