3 different plants showing 3 different signs, yellow leaves etc...

Discussion in 'Fruit and Veg Gardening' started by Brandon, Apr 23, 2015.

1. Brandon

Brandon New Seed

So I have 3 different plants showing 3 different signs. The sweet snap peas have these spots that get super thin and almost see through, my chili de Arbil has dark rings where the shoots attach to the stalk and my basil has brown spots and the middle of the leaves are yellowing. Any advice would be great??

Attached Files:

2. Loading...

3. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Brandon, from the pea photo it looks like you have beetle damage. I'm not sure where you are, so I could easily be wrong. If it is beetles, they are hard-shell and difficult to kill. An insecticide containing spinosad is effective, but read the instructions carefully.
    It looks like bacterial leaf spot on your basil. There isn't a cure, but to prevent the leaf spot, make sure the soil isn't splashed onto the leaves. Bacterial leaf spot is a soil-borne disease, so you won't want to plant basil there again.

4. Brandon

Brandon New Seed

Thank you so much. I'll be more careful when watering and I'll look for that insecticide.

5. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Brandon, This is just an aside: it looks as though that basil is going to flower. Hard to tell in the photo, but if it is, you want to nip that beginning flower bud off.

Re the pea damage, have you looked over the plant for bugs? If the damage is not too much & is not getting worse, you might want to just let it go. Or hand pick the bugs.