6 common food items which reduce fat!

Discussion in 'Recipes and Cooking' started by S-H, Mar 9, 2015.

1. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

I've often been guilty of posting recipes and pictures of dishes which can be somewhat fattening, (like Pizzas with extra cheese for example). Yet now I feel that I should restore the balance somehow.

So for those who need to reduce the intake of fat in their diet, here is an interesting article about what to do:
    http://tribune.com.pk/story/848894/7-pakistani-foods-that-cut-fat/

These items are very easy to find in the Pakistani kitchen, but they are nothing too exotic. So anybody who wants to give it a try can do so!
    :smt023

vitrsna likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Pizza with lots of cheese is a GOOD thing.

The Cardamom, Curry leaves, Lentils intrigue me I already knew about dark chocolate and have always preferred it to milk chocolate. I am out of Lentils but usually try to keep them on hand to add to soups, stews, etc.
    We have several super markets that specialize in ethnic foods near us, maybe I will be able to find the fresh Curry leaves and Cardamom there.

S-H likes this.
  4. krosagro

krosagro New Seed

Almonds, oats, spices, grapefruit and spinach are the best fat burning food.

Last edited by a moderator: May 15, 2015
  5. vitrsna

vitrsna Seedling

Thanks for the article SH. I love lentils with curry and a few other things...think i'll cook up a batch today. Also, coconuts and coconut oil is very good food. Coco oil can be used to power a car (instead of gasoline)...the downside to this is coco oil solidifies below 21 degrees C (70 degrees F). :chuckle: This could be inconvenient. Where i live you cannot walk half a block without running into a coco palm. Unfortunately, the coco growers export their products to the US because they can earn significantly more money that way. So now, i have to purchase my coco oil on the internet and have it sent to me from the US. I don't think i want to get into manufacturing coco oil.

S-H likes this.

Advertisement
  6. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

vitrsna likes this.
  7. vitrsna

vitrsna Seedling

That was some kind of impressive and gutsy experiment SH:like:. I see why there are so many governmental regulations and heavy fines...i don't suppose the governments, any governments, want to loose control of their petrol rights. What a thread! I learned how to burn body fat and make bio-diesel fuel in the same thread. Are you a biochemist or did you look the instructions up on the internet?

8. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

No, I'm not a biochemist. My expertise are mainly orbiting around electronic designing, high energy physics, machine tools also, but usually I am following my passion of 3D CAD (computer aided designing). However, I am a doomsday prepper too, which actually is partly the reason why I enjoy gardening, as I love to grow my own food, organically, free of all types of pesticides... :D

You by the way can see this thread too, where all of us once talked about doomsday propping and other survival skills.
    http://www.gardenstew.com/threads/survival-skills-do-you-have-some.31240/#post-282883
    And this one too, where I was ready to face a serious tropical cyclone!
    http://www.gardenstew.com/threads/cyclone-nilofar-heading-my-way.34145/#post-311374

Last edited: May 17, 2015
    vitrsna likes this.