A Dallas link to my home city

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Raddang, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Raddang

Raddang In Flower

A TV news item last evening informed me that the acclaimed stained glass studios at my home cathedral have just completed a commission for a new 19 foot high window to be installed this springtime in The Church of the Incarnation in Dallas Texas.
    Before the panels are packed for shipment to Dallas they are on display in the cathedral crypt from today until February 22. I am a regular visitor to the cathedral and will try to get some pictures of the panels to share with you on here.
    Here is a picture of one of the stained glass artists working on one of the panels
    GraceWorking.jpg

And I hope you will be able to open the video at the end of this news item which shows some of the work in progress
    https://www.canterbury-cathedral.org/whats-on/news/2017/01/30/from-canterbury-to-dallas/

Sjoerd likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I live in a suburb to the north west of Dallas, not familiar with the church but the area is making a comeback, it's one of the oldest business and residential areas. Do a google search for The Church of the Incarnation in Dallas Texas and you will see photos of where it is going.
    That should be beautiful installed.

4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I'd love to have been there to see the artists at work on the windows. I've always been amazed at the fine detail that goes into painting glass like this and how superb they look once they are fitted and in place.

5. Islandlife

Islandlife Young Pine

WOW! The video was fascinating. That amount of work and level of detail is amazing. The end result is also AMAZING!