A Family Vacation (^_^) - Japan - Part 4 Tokyo

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by KK Ng, Jun 12, 2017.

1. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

Day 4 - May 24th.

Our first destination wasKappabashi StreetinAsakusadistrict. Since everyone cook in the family, this is a must visit area. This place was not as interesting as we thought it would be but nonetheless our curiosity was satisfied. We sawTokyo Skytreewhile walking in Asakusa an attraction which is not in our itinerary.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    A Knife Shop

[​IMG]
    Kappa

Next destination was Akihabara, lots of electronics and home appliances.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Everything Under 1 Roof.

[​IMG]
    Hehe!

Next stop Shibuya, a place where lots and lots of people crossed the road here each day and also this is where the dog Hachiko waited for its master to return from work each day. A statue of Hachiko is erected here in remembrance.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Next we headed towards to Harajuku, to Takeshita Dori which is an interesting place to see some new culture in Tokyo. Along the way we saw some "Mario Karts" yes they are tourist driving the carts. No I wouldn't do that!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally we arrived in Takeshita Dori and we did not see any real strangely dressed people, only a few that are mildly different.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tomorrow we will be travelling to Kyoto byShinkansen. Kyoto and Osaka will be PART 2 .

Philip Nulty and Frank like this.
  2. Loading...

3. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

What's the story behind the dog Hachiko? I mean, it must be something pretty major that they erected a statue of it.

Oh...doh! I just realized you provided a link....what a GREAT story!

4. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

KK, lovely trip. so glad you take pictures and take us along afterwards. I agree that places aren't as interesting as the hyped up publicity they seem to get make them. I thought the ame thing about the petrified forest. "oh.... that's it?" well, it was a nice 30 minute drive through the desert. lots of rocks sand....more sand and rocks that I wouldn't know was petrified wood unless it was distinctly pointed out to me.

Philip Nulty likes this.
  5. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

Ronni glad you enjoyed it. Do you know that they made a movie of it and Richard Gere was the main actor. :)

Thank you Carolyn, glad you enjoyed it. The historical and culture part will be in my next positing.

Philip Nulty likes this.

Advertisement
  6. Odif

Odif Young Pine

Great holiday. If I went to Tokyo, the first place that I would visit would be the nihon kiin.

Philip Nulty likes this.
  7. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

Seriously? Huh, I'll have to go look for it. I enjoy Gere, and I thought I'd seen all his movies. Apparently not!

Philip Nulty likes this.
  8. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

Thanks Odif, this is the first time I heard of Nihon Ki-in ... sound interesting.

Ronni I had watched that movie and it is very heart touching.

Philip Nulty, Ronni and Odif like this.
  9. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Great tour KK,..i always enjoy your trips away from home,..the scenery is always interesting but the food is out of this world,..some day i will come across Wagu Beef over here,..regardless of what it would cost its top of my list.

10. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

Thank you Philip Nulty. Yes, yes, yes get the real thing it is really worth it. I have had wagyu beef in my homeland imported from Australia before and it was not heavenly like those we had in Japan. I'm salivating just thinking of it!
    [​IMG]

Philip Nulty likes this.