A Few Blooms

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by Jewell, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    It is still early but a few things are blooming. I am seeing the occasional early daffodil, crocus aplenty and camillas and early blooming rhodies as I walk through the neighborhood. Here are my early bloomers in my yard.

I have more snow drops throughout my yard. Many more than I realized. image.jpeg

There are a few early blooming hellebores but most are just waking up. Hopefully the dogs didn't over fertilize them this winter. Wire fences are back up around the beds to protect my perennials from the pets.
    image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Then there is my favorite and longest blooming heathers still providing colors from white through dark pinks. image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I saw photos of Texas blooms this weekend from one of my feeds. Happy spring coming up quickly. Can't wait to see more color and growth.

Frank and eileen like this.
  2. Loading...

3. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

I am so jealous......Just can't wait too much more...I may explode before we have spring.....thanks for dangling such beautiful flowers in front of my eyes.....

I really loved it.....

Jewell likes this.
  4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

It's so good to see spring bursting out in our gardens again isn't it? I love your heathers and miss mine (roofers destroyed them). I think I'll have to buy some more this year to replace them.

Jewell likes this.
  5. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

What a sight for sore eyes! We are under a winter storm warning so it will be a long time before I see any blooms here.

Jewell likes this.
  6. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    Barb, anticipation is always the hardest this time of year isn't it?
    Eileen, heathers do make winter and spring colorful. It would be hard to live without them. They aren't very popular in gardens but I do love them.
    Netty, hope the storms pass quickly and are a distant memory with lots of spring blooms coming your way.