A little work..

Discussion in 'Flower Gardening' started by Silkie, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Silkie

Silkie New Seed

weeding.jpg This is my cousin's little flower bed. She's been kind enough to let my family stay with her while we work on our house. She's also been traveling a lot and has not touched the flower bed this year. It was so overgrown, I figured cleaning it up would be a nice treat for her.:) Still have a lot to do, but it's looking a lot better! (All these rocks do make it a bit more difficult!)

2. Loading...

3. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Silkie,..you will have your work cut out clearing that area,..looks like there are some healthy looking Hosta Plants and a good few other plants,..,..there has to be a reason your Cousin placed those rocks where they are,..perhaps it looked like a rockery at one time when there were more plants,..careful when you try moving some of those huge rocks,..i would leave them be :)

Silkie likes this.
  4. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

A challenge for sure but a satisfying one to complete I'm sure. Would love to get an update photo Silkie. Good luck!

Silkie and Philip Nulty like this.
  5. mart

mart Strong Ash

That will be an interesting project. Is that a pond mid right in the pic ?

Advertisement
  6. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I think you're doing a grand job Silkie and I'm sure your cousin will appreciate your efforts.

7. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

What a thoughtful, wonderful way to say "thank you"! Your cousin not only has the pleasure of your company, but also a great garden helper.

8. Silkie

Silkie New Seed

Thank you Eileen, Marlingardener.:) She was tickled! I think she had kind of given up this year on it, where it had gotten away from her. There is a pond, it needs to be drained and cleaned out too. I'm about to tackle the center where all the rocks are. My problem is now that she has a long grass (that she wants weeded) and what looks like spider plants (that she wants to keep)all laced together throughout the rocks. There has to be a system I can figure out to get this looking really nice...

Philip Nulty likes this.