A Short but Long and Super Adventure! - Part 2

Discussion in 'Member's Gallery' started by KK Ng, Jul 11, 2017.

1. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

The next day after breakfast we made use of the application called UBER to get our ride to the airport since our daughter had to work. This is the first time I'm making use of this ridesharing application and was a little anxious. I like it, it is really transparent and way much better than the taxi service here. No worries about being taken for a ride.

At the airport I saw this and they had a much bigger one in the town square which we did not see it and it was also our first time on this island. This eagle is the symbol of the island.

20170710_091249.jpg

This airport have minimal of facilities and we had to walk on the tarmac to board the aircraft which is something that I had not done for a long long time.

20170710_095905.jpg

20170710_095929.jpg

An opportunity to pose close to the jet!
    20170710_100149.jpg

The flight was about an hour five minutes and we landed in KLIA2 which is another two hour plus by bus to our hometown. We have another new application called Redbus and we got our tickets very discounted.

6.jpg

After about two hours we arrived in our hometown central station and we went to look for the bus that is going towards our home. This is the first we are taking a bus from this station to our home and this is something that we had not done for almost 40years!

1.jpg

We were lucky we found our way to the berth easily and the bus arrived shortly after. The journey took about 30minutes and the bus driver was kind enough to drop us off right in front of the road that lead to our home. After a short walk and we back in our Home Sweet Home.

All in all it was an interesting adventure, it was the first time for us to travel all the way up north almost to the border and another 30 minutes drive we would be in Thailand. Also our first time to Langkawi, all the yummie seafood we had and yes all those wonderful chocolate bars too!!!

2. Loading...

3. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

Wow!!! What an adventure KK! I loved all the pictures...you're so good at capturing the essential elements in wherever you are.

I'm glad the journey went smoothly and that you enjoyed yourselves! And glad you're back home safe and sound. :)

Philip Nulty likes this.
  4. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

what an awesome journey. thanks for taking us along. I always think "who wants to see this?" and don't do a very good job taking pictures but I am also always driving. what is your daughters job there? how long will she be there?

Philip Nulty likes this.
  5. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

Thank you Ronnie, glad you enjoy it. :)

You are most welcome Carolyn. When you see something that you like or is interesting just take a photo of it, the thing is as long as you like it that's the most important. She is a restaurant manager with the Ritz Carlton Langkawi which is opening on 1st October this year. I have no idea how long will she be there, most probably a couple of years.

I have two more confirm trip to make within this couple of months and I cannot start my planting and the weeds are taking advantage of the situation. :(

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
    Philip Nulty likes this.

Advertisement
  6. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Always interesting to see new territory,.. with buildings that are unlike what we have but with beautiful shapes,..very enjoyable seeing images of your trip and delighted it went so well,..figured food would be on the post lol,..you love your food KK,..and i love seeing whats on the menu,..hope the chocolate was tasty as well :)

7. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

Thanks Philip, it was interesting for me too ... sorry no pictures about food this time because using the toll highway we had Kentucky Fried Chicken but we had delicious seafood in Kuala Perlis and Langkawi. Both time forgot to take pictures! Sorry!

Philip Nulty likes this.
  8. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Ah Seafood,..tends to be top of my list when eating abroad in places that are reputed to have good Seafood,..though i like Lobster,..and Red Crab,..only to eat at home because its a chore to get the meat from the shell especially if one is watched by other customers.

Looking at your map and the name places,..the only one i knew of was Kuala Lumpur as its our stop along the route to Australia.

9. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

Ahhh ... Lobsters and crabs, they are so yummy and the best place is to eat them at home. I cannot get fresh lobsters from the market or supermarket here. I do not like or want to eat precooked lobsters from the supermart because they are like eating rubber, super chewy! I only eat them in specialized restaurant where the lobsters are alive before they cook them. It is very expensive and luckily these reataurants are very far away from where I am :)

I'm south of Kuala Lumpur.

Philip Nulty and Odif like this.
  10. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

The closest City to where i live is on the West Coast,..it has a great reputation for Oysters,..Galway Oysters are exported world wide,..every so often i catch the train from where i live and head off to Galway City,..its the huge choice of fresh Seafood that entices me there,..not too expensive i must add :)

Malaysia Tourist Office have great Television Holiday Promotions here at present,..very appealing sights,..sadly very far away :(

11. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

Oysters ... did I see o-y-s-t-e-r-s YUM!!! I love oysters raw or cooked. Here our oysters are not big and they are a by product of commercial mussels breeding. Whenever I go to buy mussels, I will look for oysters first and they are quite cheap. They are quite cheap because most people do not know how to shuck them. We usually make egg omelette oyster or cook with noodles but now I want Galway fresh oysters, Philip I'm on my way :D

We have lots of beautiful natural places for a great holiday and if you love the sun and the sea, the islands are fantastic. If you are in the neighbourhood do let me know :) The food is great too!!!

Philip Nulty likes this.
  12. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

13. Odif

Odif Young Pine

Galway, the city of the tribes. I went to Galway 20 years ago. I stayed in a suburb called Claddagh. I was in Galway for about 6 weeks. I trekked around Conemara country. I remember the seals that lived in the bay. I wasn't there for the oyster fair though.

Frank and Philip Nulty like this.
  14. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Hi Odif,..yes indeed its the City Of The Tribes,..some beautiful scenery as well,..ah so you trekked around Connemara now there are some very different landscapes there,..all those lovely stone walls,..seals aplenty in nearly all the bays.

15. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

Thanks for the link Philip, it sure is fun to be there. Those guys were really good at shucking the oysters! Next time if I were go that way I'll put it in my itinerary. :)

Philip Nulty likes this.