Addition coming this spring

Discussion in 'Home Improvement, DIY and Repair' started by koszta kid, Jan 4, 2014.

1. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Bil bring design he made up on CP today . We are adding 18x20 . Bedroom and part of kitchen. Doing 90% of work our self + family and friends. So costs will be way down.

Frank, Henry Johnson, Jewell and 3 others like this.
  2. Loading...

3. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

That sounds nice. :D There's nothing like a bit of extra space, especially if you can do most of it yourself. Good luck.

4. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

Good luck with that! I hope we get to see lots of pictures!

5. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

You should ask for a greenhouse too :stew2:

carolyn likes this.

Advertisement
  6. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

YAY for you KK.

7. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Additions are an opportunity to add features you have always wanted. Being able to do the work yourself is a bonus, then you know that you are getting. Pictures!! You have a pile of stewbies crowding their screens waiting for pictures. We will however, patiently thumb through our seed catalogs till the snow goes away and the ground thaws.

Jerry

Thumb, thumb thumb….:) Is it spring yet? Thumb, thumb, thumb.

8. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

How wonderful! The best part of doing most of the work yourself is that you know it's done right.
    As Jerry said, we have our Stewbie noses pressed to the monitors, waiting for photos. Love to see the work in progress, too!

9. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Dh said he will take lot of pictures. Got spread sheet with all the lumber we will need. Will check with cement---price digging the foots our self. has to 42 inches deep. When younger did that for our garage and mud room. Will be crawl space cement slab on top of gravel. Like to start now-wind chill to be -50 tonight.

10. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Congrats to ya. That sure will be nice to have the extra space. Show us the progress all along the way.

I know it's going to be a lot of work for all of you but it sure will be worth it when you are done.

11. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Told Dh I would pay for icey hot patches and alieve. + massage sections. Found since DS works for road construction co. Gets discount on cement. Going to 3 major companies. Get best price. After other projects we have done. tell them any plywood-big knot holes in them they will be picking up.
    Boy getting bids on digging footings for crawl space. Gave measurements to 3 different guys. None told me how much.25 years ago dug it our self by hand for garage.

12. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

So far( only )thing got done Sat. Took down 8 privacy panels. Post still froze in ground.And 8 dog kennel panels. When warmer get plants moved. Have guy stump out old tree. This year frost is lot deeper-slowing thing down.

13. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

I am glad to hear you are enlarging your place koszta! 18X20 is a good sized addition. Congrats!

14. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Friends that are going to help us back. we helped them. They did big addition 30x40. Had hired guy to help. would not show up-like when doing roof. I bought huge tarps. When we tore our roof off-no clouds in the sky. Then rain came glad we had tarps.

To get best price on lumber went to Major lumber Company. Had our spec all ready. They didn't know how to figure price list for me. I was shocked. So back to Menards-an hour later. all figured out Will start taking pictures this week. When they start on crawl space. Been delayed -rain and more rain.

Going to call guy who to pour cement. Was to come Wed-no show-no call. Going to ask if he doesn't want the $6000. About ready to rent trencher.And forms. Did that before-put dug the footing for garage with post hole digger and shovel. But that was 30 years ago and was 37 years old

15. koszta kid

koszta kid Young Pine

Well they dug the 42 inch trench. Very first thing guy dig cut phone line.Even though marked with orange paint and flags. But I swear must have had brick factory here. So many of them under ground.

16. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

that is an easy fix I hope, just don't let him near an electric or gas line...okay? Harvest those bricks and make a pathway out of them.