Address

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by carolyn, Jan 16, 2017.

1. CJay

CJay In Flower

Thanks for the support.

I am so ready to go home. Origionally it was supposed to be just a two week stay. But the doctors want me to stay another week. I miss my bed and my couch. And my stuff. I can handle being lazy and laying around. But I want to do it in my house.

Islandlife likes this.
  2. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

CJay,

Glad to hear that you will be O.K. We will all be celebrating when the happy day arrives. Good luck till then.

Jerry

CJay likes this.
  3. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Hi CJay, I just caught up with this posting & your situation. I do so wish you and your little one continued improvement! And I hope you will be heading home very soon. Do you have stuff to do/read/listen to while you lie there? Will you be on bed rest (& bored) when you get home?

CJay likes this.
  4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Sorry to hear that your hospital stay has been extended CJay. Once you do get home again you'll appreciate all that home has to offer even the more. I still have everything crossed for you and the baby in the hope that everything goes well for you both.

CJay likes this.

Advertisement
  5. CJay

CJay In Flower

I will certainly appreciate it when i get home Eileen.

Since the surgery Ive been on medication to make sure I dont start having contractions. Yesterday I was admitted cause it appeared that I was loosing amniotic fluid. So they wanted to keep a closer eye on me to make sure I wasnt leaking internally.

Well since I was admitted I apparently couldnt be trusted to take my meds on time. So they took them. Aaannndd forgot to give them to me ontime even after I reminded the nurse. So I started having contractions. Aannnddd the nurse (that I reminded when it was time to take them) chastized me for forgetting to take my meds.

I absolutely lost it on her.

She cried. I laughed. Now Its on my chart that I'm a hostile paitent.

It was a good time.

And because I started having contractions and they had to administer another type of med to stop them, I now have to spend another day in the hospital and possibly another week nearby.

I swear. Im going to use that woman's blood as moisturizer by the time this is over. And possibly her skull as a bed pan. Depends on if she comes in while Im awake. Or if she wakes me up.

The choice is hers.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2017
  6. CJay

CJay In Flower

Ok. Calm now.

Jerry. Thank you.

Cayuga. I'm supposed to be on a limited bedrest. Well I was until I got readmitted. Now I'm supposed to be on strict bedrest until I go home. Then I'm not supposed to be on my feet for more than 20 minutes at a time and not to lift anything more than ten pounds.

But I will have plenty to do when I get home.

Ive been drawing and painting a lot at the Ronald McDonald house. And I'm thinking of writing "Ode to a slain nurse" tonight.

I haven't decided yet. I might change the title.

Cayuga Morning likes this.
  7. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Oh, my stars! how can you forget to take them if she hasn't given them to you? duh! not all of them try to make mistakes but they do. I had a nurse who couldn't get a needle in, and anesthesiologist who lost the keys to the "good stuff" and a doctor who "got to finish his office calls" even though I was ready to push... EVERYONE LEFT THE ROOM UNTIL HE GOT THERE. all with one delivery. Hang in there Cjay. we are all rooting for you.

CJay likes this.
  8. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Ay-yie-yie! What an ordeal! Wishing you well Cjay. I hope the time goes quickly.

CJay likes this.
  9. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Well, sometimes hospital personnel do not have the friendliest attitudes.
    But as far as taking your meds away from you, that is normal hospital procedure, they have records of meds to keep in case they are audited so they don't want a patient to have control of the meds in case they do forget. And most hospitals have a schedule for delivering meds to patients and that probably doesn't correspond with the schedule you had at home.

I would have a talk with the head of nursing about their med schedule and the problem it caused you.

CJay likes this.
  10. CJay

CJay In Flower

I spoke with the practitioner when I was admitted and it was supposed to be set up so their schedule coincided with mine. The nurse was simply too busy to remember.

I know I'm probably just being grumpy. But I expect professionals to act like professionals. When I'm at work I am a professional. I dont go walking around with my nose stuck in my phone all day. I don't think its unreasonable to expect the same from people who are charged with the health of the people they serve.

Rant over.

11. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

I completely agree with you expecting professionals to act like professionals CJay! Especially the cell phone issue ... nothing grinds my gears more than people on their cellphones during work hours!! But that is an entire different rant and I won't get started here.
    Somehow, though, I think that having that 'hostile patient' tag on your chart might get you a little more respect! Hang in there CJay!

12. CJay

CJay In Flower

It bothers me too no end. Anyway. The nurse that just came on thinks Im hillarious. We're going to get along just fine.

As an aside. My grandmother, whos been taking care of things at home for me when shes not here, sent me a picture of the cucumbers I started after thanksgiving. Theyre doing well.

13. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Cjay, remember that 49% of health professionals graduated in the bottom of their class! I've had no problem telling a doctor that I'm here, whoever is on the phone isn't, and he can chat later. He also has learned that, as Netty said, a difficult patient gets more attention and respect than a milquetoast.
    Hang in there and enjoy having a new nurse that appreciates you (not as much as we all appreciate you :setc_083:).

CJay likes this.
  14. CJay

CJay In Flower

You're right Marlin. Even the worst med student that graduated is called doctor.

And yes. The day nurse that was on today was amazing. She's the only one that got my sense of humor.

15. Raddang

Raddang In Flower

We all 'Get' your sense of humour CJay.:like: and good on you for keeping in such good spirits......not long to go now....

CJay likes this.