Ain't technology grand?

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Ronni, Sep 22, 2016.

1. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

Y'know, whatever your opinion is of Apple products, you gotta love their iPhone technology! I lost my phone. Thought I might have left it at the grocery store. I have "Find Your iPhone" enabled, so I was able to track it using Paige's phone, (I could have used my computer but she was right there) and yeah, sure enough, it was at Kroger. She then enabled Lost Mode, which locks the phone down with a unique passcode so no one can use it, and places a message on the screen that says "This iPhone is lost. Please call XXX XXXX" It also sent that message to my computer because they're synched. It sent a second message to my computer once I retrieved the phone and entered the unique code to take it out of Lost Mode.

So reassuring to know that Apple has my back when I have a senior moment and leave my phone at the grocery store! :like:

unnamed.png unnamed-1.png

Philip Nulty, eileen and Sjoerd like this.
  2. Loading...

3. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Of course the technology is great...but I am just glad that you found your fone again. Good onya, Sheila.

Philip Nulty likes this.
  4. Islandlife

Islandlife Young Pine

WOW - that is sure impressive. I live assured that nobody would have any interest at all in my OLD clamshell phone that is one of those pre-paid jobs. Guess I'm not yet into the cyber age of cell phones :)

Philip Nulty likes this.
  5. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Neither am I Islandlife. I have an old flip top 'phone that makes calls and gets calls but that's about it.
    I have discovered though, just the other day, that I can dictate an email and my Apple ipad will actually type it for me.:smt041

Islandlife and Philip Nulty like this.

Advertisement
  6. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

For me it's a big deal, because I rely on my phone for pretty much everything. It has all my photos, (every pic I post here is a cell phone pic) all my contacts, and my work and private calendar. I use an app that keeps notes of my meals so that I can keep track of nutrients and calories, tracks my steps in a day (part of my exercise stuff) and I have an app for notes and reminders too. I can check, respond and delete my email, and check and post text and pictures to Facebook and Instagram. I have various forums (this one included) that I belong to and I can read and respond to the forums from my phone. My grocery list is on there too, as it a shared list with my daughter because sometimes I do her shopping as well. I can and frequently do browse the web from my phone, check my bank accounts, pay my bills and play games when I'm bored or waiting for an appointment. I use the onboard Maps app in order to navigate around town so I don't get lost. And those are all the functions I do countless times a day, or at least daily.

There are a whole bunch of other apps too, that I use less frequently, but that are just as important to me when I need them....like finding my phone because I had a senior moment and left it in the grocery store! :confused:

Because my work is so mobile, my phone has become my mobile office. I back it up regularly to my computer, so all that important information is stored should the unthinkable happen and I DO manage to lose or break it for good!

7. Islandlife

Islandlife Young Pine

I do find technology amazing and have a "LOST" feature is definitely a great idea.

8. kate

kate In Flower

I know about FMP but thank goodness I never needed it. What I did' t know was about the computer sync. That's really good a feature.
    Glad you got it back ok.
    I can also track my son in find friends.
    K