ALL around plant food - fertilizer to buy

Discussion in 'Plant Pests, Diseases and Weeds' started by Scotty13, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Scotty13

Scotty13 New Seed

I’m looking for the best ALL around best plant food / fertilizer for ALL types of different plants, trees, flowers etc. for my yard in South Florida.

Anyone have any suggestions? I would appreciate any help and a BIG thank you in advance.

Scotty

2. Loading...

3. Henry Johnson

Henry Johnson In Flower

COMPOST!

4. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Scotty, Hank has it right--compost is beneficial, although it isn't a strong fertilizer.
    You need to learn the needs of your plants, what NPK means, and you'll probably end up with two or three kinds of fertilizers for different applications.

Henry Johnson likes this.
  5. mart

mart Strong Ash

If you have access to a stable or a friend with horses,,horse manure can`t be beat. Doesn`t burn or smell as long as its dry, doesn`t have to be composted, can be used on anything, and is free if you pick it up. You can soak it in water for manure tea or work it into the soil around your plants and it feeds as you water the plants. Or you can do as MG and I tried last year,,cut the bottom out of a soda bottle and bury it small end down beside the plants,,then add enough horse manure to fill the bottle half way, feed by pouring water into the end of the bottle,,it will filter through the manure and feed the roots of the plant. Do this when you water. It will not be enough to water the entire plant only to feed it.

6. Scotty13

Scotty13 New Seed

I want to thank everyone who took time to answer my question and for giving me valuable advice.

Thanks,
    S