All done with mirrors

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Raddang, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Raddang

Raddang In Flower

I know that, like me, there are many keen 'snappers' on here. Sometimes I like to play around either with a picture editor or in this case with mirrors.
    This picture was me testing the theory that if a robin saw its image in a mirror it would attack it thinking it was an intruder. That didn't happen because 'both' robins had some mealworms. :)
    20130506 Robin in a mirror-002.jpg

I often use this one as my avatar on forums. It is a self portrait into a mirror but with face hidden behind the camera. :)
    20110322 Self portrait with new 35mm self portrait.jpg

This is a picture of a single rose between two mirrors displaced at 60 degrees, like a kaleidoscope.
    DSC_0005-1edit.jpg

Is anyone else crazy like me and wastes time playing with a camera or photo editor. I would like to see some examples.......

2ofus, Jewell, Frank and 1 other person like this.
  2. Loading...

3. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Raddang, I'm not the photographer in the family, my husband is. I'm going to show him your post--I'm sure using mirrors hasn't occurred to him and will be of great interest. I'll tell him to keep his hands off the antique mirror over his bureau, and the mirror in the bathroom (a girl needs to fix her hair by seeing it, not by feel!).

2ofus likes this.
  4. Kildale

Kildale Nature's Window

I used a mirror 5 years ago to photograph the underside of a mushroom for my newsletter. Also to photograph a mushroom down inside a hollow tree, I would not of bothered but the guy that found it is the top expert here and he said it was rare. 01 mirror.jpg

2ofus, Jewell, Henry Johnson and 4 others like this.
  5. Islandlife

Islandlife Young Pine

Interesting work with the mirrors :)

Advertisement
  6. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Now that's something I've never tried. I love the rose photograph and think I'll give mirrors a go the next time I have something worth snapping.

2ofus likes this.
  7. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

Something I have never tried but I do think it is interesting, thank you for sharing...

8. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

My hubby is the photographer in our family so I had to show this post to him. To quote him " Inventive and interesting".