Anticipation. And disappointment.

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Ronni, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

Y'know that wonderful feeling of climbing into a bed that has freshly washed sheets on it? I was SO looking forward to that last night, having completely stripped my bed and washed everything. I have a cat who likes to sleep with me, and if you have one too, you know all about cat hair and the bits of kitty litter that somehow manage to cling to cat paws no matter what! All the more reason to look forward to that clean bed! It smelled so fresh and everything was so soft and I was full of delighted anticipation at the idea of sliding in between the freshly washed and sweet smelling linens.

Yeah.............so I fell asleep ON the bed, IN all my clothes. :eek::oops::mad::crying:

stratsmom, Cayuga Morning and Sjoerd like this.
  2. Loading...

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Wow Ronni, you must have been VERY tired!

4. LIcenter

LIcenter In Flower

Let me guess; your cat was underneath the covers when you awoke. :whistling:

5. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

My back was hurting a bit ... it's a very very busy work season for me, plus the family stuff is mega-crazy too...all those kids and grandkids and significant others and friends who are family too. :D Don't get me wrong, I look forward to it SO MUCH every year, but it's still a madhouse lol! Anyway, I still had a couple hours of stuff to do before I could go to bed, but my back was twinging, and so I had laid down to rest it, just for a minute.... and aren't THEY just the famous last words! :eek:

So yeah, Netty, I guess you could say I WAS very tired! :D

Cayuga Morning likes this.

Advertisement
  6. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Oh, I know that problem alright. When we had cats, I placed a small blanket on the foot of the bed and that was meant for the cats. It worked well.

7. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Ronni I didn't even make it up to bed!! Ian went up first and I was going to watch a favourite programme on the TV. Woke up in the middle of the night cold and stiff and could hardly make it upstairs for the rest of the night. Didn't even see the programme as I must have dropped off within minutes of it starting.:(

Cayuga Morning likes this.
  8. Islandlife

Islandlife Young Pine

@ Ronni - I was convinced you were going to say that after stripping your bed earlier and throwing it all into the wash and then just longing to get into it all freshly madeup that when you finally went to the bedroom you found your sheets/blankets etc were still in the washer waiting to be dried!! ;) ;) ;) You got me on the falling asleep with your clothes on! ;) ;)

9. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

Same here, sjoerd. The difference between your cat and mine is, obviously, that your cat was compliant, or intelligent, or both. Mine? Not so much. She just looks at the blanket with a quizzical look, as if to say "why is this in my way?" and then either nudges it off the bed,or goes and sleeps where it isn't. <sigh>

Kay and Sjoerd like this.
  10. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Chortle...cats are a race apart, aren't they. I have always liked cats, but they are so independent and strong-headed. Ours were a bit autistic, for lack of a better word. They did not like to be held and only a stroke or two was enough petting for them. They did want to be in the same room as us, but that was it---it sort of gave me the idea that they were keeping an eye on us, not that they were social. hahaha.

11. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

My cat has never been on my bed ....I am a light sleeper and Birdie (the cat) likes to lay close to the register on her wash and zip bed...so no cat liter or hair for me. She does go on the furniture in the living room but never has even tried to go on the cupboards or table...maybe she knows I would of chased her off. She is just a quiet mellow cat and seems so content after we had that tumor removed from her ear last summer. She has 2 cat towers which she loves to climb up on and sleep too.

Sjoerd...years ago we had a cat that would only let us pet her when she was sitting in a small box or basket. Then she would stay in the box for hours and we could enjoy her more. I had baskets all over the house so she enjoyed sleeping in them.

Sjoerd likes this.
  12. Kay

Kay Girl with Green Thumbs

My two felines sleep who knows where, until it gets cold! Now that Winter is here, they like to wait till we are asleep and then move onto the foot of the bed. If I wake in the night, I love knowing I have bed warmers at my feet.

Sjoerd likes this.
  13. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

That's the thing with cats, isn't it Sherry---trying to twig what a cat wants or likes....the list of dislikes or indifference is endless. I did the same thing as you with sleeping places, but my cats would only sleep in two places--on the bed at night or in their respective blanket-baskets. We could move the basket but they would not go to it to sleep for many days...they would just look for other places. They drove me nuts, those two.
    Another odd thing was that they did not sleep on the bed during the day, only after we had fallen asleep at night.