Any Bunny Fans??

Discussion in 'Wildlife in the Garden' started by Sydney Smith, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Sydney Smith

Sydney Smith In Flower

2. Loading...

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

They look so cute ... in YOUR yard! I have had problems with rabbits in the past. When I see one in my yard now, I know it's time to let the dog out for a run!

4. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

Very pretty bunny's.....I like bunny's but they can do so much damage and they enjoy way too many plants in the garden. I usually have 3-4 young ones every spring in my large flower bed...they have a lot of hiding spots in there. My cairn has caught a few of them....he is really fast

5. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I didn't know you had pet rabbits Syd. They're a good looking trio and I presume don't do much damage in the garden as you'll keep a eye on them when they're out and about. Have you ever tried lying them on their backs and stroking their stomachs - it puts them into a trance. I used to do it when I was a Vet nurse and it made claw clipping so much easier. :)

Advertisement
  6. Chrisle

Chrisle In Flower

Aww so cute. I could scoop them right up. I had pet rabbits as a kid so I have a soft spot for bunnies. We don't have a problem with wild rabbits here. Between the foxes and the trappers there isn't many left.

7. Sydney Smith

Sydney Smith In Flower

Hi all. Glad you like them and they are for sure very cute and attractive. I have however a confession to make - they are not mine and I likewise would not like them in my garden ref damage - cute or not. Actually one of my sons lives in Holland and wife is Dutch - she runs a creche/nursery for youngsters and they have their own little pet area - a couple of Goats, Hampsters, the Rabbits etc - all very tame and all had a great fuss made of them. Find the Dutch folk very nice and all do so love their plants, flowers and animals. I took the pics when over there one evening at their feeding time. Syd.

Tooty2shoes likes this.
  8. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Sydney those are really cute rabbits. My Grandson just got a small mixed rabbit for and indoor pet. It is a Lion Head mix. They did their research and found out that they make pretty nice indoor pets. They can be litter box trained and love to sit on ones lap and be petted. We will see how Fuzz ball---Ya my Grandson is only 6years old and thinks it's a funny name. We will see how it does with their two dogs.

9. Sydney Smith

Sydney Smith In Flower

Hi Tooty. It all sounds very good - also a great name that. My feelings are that it is so important for youngsters to grow up having a love of animals and wildlife taught to them - my two did (and two grandchildren) and the better for it. Syd.