Aquariums, anyone?

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Titan, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Titan

Titan New Seed

I have a goldfish aquarium at home that i maintain regularly. Of late, I have been inspired by some stunning aquariums.

2. Loading...

3. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

A properly maintained aquarium is very relaxing to watch. I've had a tropical fish-soup tank for several years and am dreaming about a big one to use as room divider.

Some of the aquariums shown in your link are lovely, but a lot are a tad too unpractical for me. Small aquariums are much harder to maintain than big ones, and are easily tipped off-balance too, something one often learns through trial and error.

I would like to have a plant aquarium, where the fish only play the role of extra decoration.

4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Do you think we could see some photographs of your own tank set-ups Titan? Most of the ones in your link are certainly lovely but more geared towards large office blocks and hotels.

5. EJ

EJ Allotmenteer Extraordinaire

I can't see the link....curious. We have always kept tropical fish and have a 5 foot tank in our lounge with an Oscar who is about 9 iches, and 6 silver dollars who are only slightly smaller. They are so gorgeous, and Oscar is quite a character.

In our kitchen we have a bespoke tank which sits on my window sill. It is 5 foot long, 2 foot tall but only 7 inches wide! It is a fab tank, like a room divider as it sits in front of the kitchen window so you can see through it into the conservatory beyond. Because it is a slim tank it is full of live bearers and shoaling fish, so guppies, mollies, platties, neons tetras, harlequins, silver tips etc. It is my most fave tank even though it is a nightmare to keep clean. They are a labour of love as they do require a fair bit of maintenance, but then I am a firm believer that if you are going to keep a pet, you have to keep it in as lovely an environment as possible and not treat them badly. Over the weekend I will try to take some pics of the 2 tanks to post.

Advertisement
  6. cajunbelle

cajunbelle Daylily Diva

I can't see the link now either, It was there earlier, but now it's gone.

7. Titan

Titan New Seed

I dunno what happened. My link has been removed?

8. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Hi Titan I removed the link as it was against the forum usage rules (i.e. linking to one's own website).
    // frank

9. Titan

Titan New Seed

@ frank: ah shucks! how can i show that post now...:)