August 2015 Gardening To-Do List

Discussion in 'Gardening Other' started by Frank, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

What's on your gardening agenda for August 2015? On a side note I can't believe it's August already! :confused:

2. Loading...

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Doing what I can to keep my garden alive....sometimes successful sometimes not so much this time of the year. We have had no rain in 26 days and the temps have been between 98 and 104.....so what do you think my chances are?

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
  4. Kay

Kay Girl with Green Thumbs

I just brainstormed a new bed area to connect a Mugo pine with a Physocarpus (Ninebark). they are only about 10 to 12 feet apart along the foundation in the back of our house. Who needs grass to mow there? :scheming: So, I dug a trench and collected more rocks to create the border, and am now in the process of killing off the grass. I did one application of glyphosate, and after a few days placed a tarp over the area. I will wait patiently... and then slice out the grass, turn the soil over, and amend with compost. Then I will mulch, and next spring- I plan to move my two Endless Summer Hydrangeas there. I'm sure there will be room for more of my beloved Heucheras, and Hosta !!

Sjoerd likes this.
  5. kate

kate In Flower

If I can get it, see some flowers on a Dahlia and Peony. the Peony has shoots but covered with a perspex round globe protecting from frost.
    I saw the Dahlia this morning on a site...its lovely.

pasodobledahlia2.JPG

K

102christa and Sjoerd like this.