Baby Toes Succulent, Anyone?

Discussion in 'Houseplants' started by MScds15, May 16, 2017.

1. MScds15

MScds15 New Seed

I've wanted this type of succulent for a little while. I like the look!

So I found a small one 5-6 inches high, which is fine to start. It looked great & healthy when I got it. I'm only on the start of day 4 & some of the "baby toe" leaves have already separated & gone limp & with a wrinkly (no longer smooth) texture. I watered it a little 2 days ago, very carefully. I have it in a moderately sunlit area.

What else can I do? I know plants have to get used to their new surrounding, but still. It seems to already be dying.

Anyone know about these plants? They seem to be quite finicky.

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. lori_15
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. chris1948
      Replies:
      Views:

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

What is it planted in? It should be equal parts potting soil and pumice or perlite and kept on the dry side during summer. Is there sufficient drainage in the pot?
    Too much water will cause the leaves to split.
    And if your's is 6 inches tall, it could be a mature plant, everything I have read says that mature size is up to 6 inches. I don't know what their life expectancy is but it may be older than you think.

MScds15 and Frank like this.
  4. MScds15

MScds15 New Seed

I got it from a vendor at a nice farmer's market in my area. It's 5-6 inches in total (including the container it's in), NOT 5-6 inches of just the leaves itself.

The potting soil, which was filled to the top of the pot, seems to be this nice-looking dark brown soil w/ white/light grey tiny pebbles, so I guess it's in the soil you said. The soil doesn't look dried out or odd, etc. The drainage holes have these 4 slits in each corner.