Beef Burgandy Canned

Discussion in 'Food Preservation and Storage' started by waretrop, Mar 17, 2016.

1. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Yesterday I made beef burgandy and canned at. I got 9 pints which will make enough for one person on a bed of noodles. It is so tender and delish. My house smelled so good. I will make lost more in the weeks to come. I just have never canned anything with booze in it. Works great..

beef burgandy.jpg

Sjoerd and carolyn like this.
  2. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

I have to say, B-- that DOES look tasty to me.

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Just wondering Barb - Is there any liquid in that jar? It looks so good, but not 'floating' in any liquid. The only meat I have canned is pork (raw packed), and it always ends up in lots of liquid. Yours looks much more appealing.

4. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

It does look delicious! I have canned stew meat before with celery and onions and diced chicken for quick meals but never thought of Beef Burgundy. Now I'll have to give this a try it out of curiosity. Please give some hints on how you prepared before canning.

Advertisement
  5. waretrop

So here is a picture of the liquid. I thought people would want to see the meat so I laid the jar on it's side. Netty, raw packing meat you add no liquid. cooked meat you add liquid.

beef burgandy1.jpg

2ofus, It's a little like stew. Meat, onions, carrots, mushrooms, spices and booze rather than celery, onions, carrots and other veggies. Looks allot different also. You need these things to be cooked together to get the beef burgandy flavor.

6. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Oh there's the liquid! Thanks Barb, that's more like what I am used to seeing! It looks great :)

waretrop likes this.
  7. waretrop

Netty, I just thought everyone would want to see the meat and not the liquid...I see you are on your toes wondering where the liquid was. Now remember not all meat has liquid when canned...But it's rare... and not very well liked by the "powers that may be".