Big Bathroom Renovation Planned

Discussion in 'Home Improvement, DIY and Repair' started by Pianolady, Jul 20, 2006.

1. Pianolady

Pianolady In Flower

Dh wants to replace the deck, I want to redo the bathrooms. After planning the bathrooms out today, I've just about got him convinced to work on that this winter. I can do a lot of it, but he has to do the plumbing etc. Will hire out electrical only.

Beauty is, we don't have to relocate the original tub until the very end, because the new shower would use the same plumbing....and we'd gain bedroom closet space (that was my idea, he wanted to take more of the closet space for bathroom, I don't think so!).

2. Loading...

3. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Much improved PL. More roomy and it makes sense to give two bathrooms equal space rather than have one long bathroom taking up most of the space.

Good luck on the innovation!

4. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I tried to see the plans but all I got was the Not Found on this server notice.

Anyway, I agree with Julie. As one whose house is suffering from a lack of decent sized closets, you can never have too many closets.

5. Pianolady

Pianolady In Flower

New Plan already!

We've thought of some issues (like budget), and came up with a plan that requires less demolition, and much less cost. All the walls stay, we just add a wall. Closets stay as is, no need to fix a situation that isn't broken.

Advertisement
  6. NewAttitude

NewAttitude Seedling

Could you repost your old floor plan? Looks like the image isn't working right now.

As for the plan to keep the demo on the light side, I think you just made the right decision. All too often people get these visions in their head and aren't ready for the time and especially the cost associated with such a major overhaul.

7. NewAttitude

NewAttitude Seedling

That's a very nice looking upgrade to the master bath. Are you planning on doing a major overhaul in the style of bathrooms as well, or just looking to add some needed functionality to the master bath?

8. Shanna

Shanna In Flower

I just love a big bathroom and lots of closet space.Looks like it's gonna be a big change.Hope to see the results.

9. catkins

catkins Seedling

Oh wtg!!!! Its going to be fabulous, i have a very tiny bathroom. Cant wait to see your pics.
    catkins

10. Pianolady

Pianolady In Flower

We'll have to see if we can swing it this year after paying off the roof. But if not, there's always next year! Yes, we are wanting to change the style & gain functionality with the change. We'll have two small bathrooms, but at least they'll be useful. Our current situation isn't that beneficial anyway.