Black Friday Madness

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by margie12u, Nov 28, 2009.

1. margie12u

margie12u In Flower

Hi everyone , did anyone get any good deals on Black Friday today, They had deals in all the stores today that started at 4;00 am this morning, Me I kind of slept through it,Now if they would have been selling flowers or seeds I would have probably been there,Other than that I really didn't want to fight the mobs every where,But I thought maybe some of you got out,If you did I hope you got good deals.

Margie :stew2:

2. Loading...

3. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

We haven't got Black Fridays here bar inside our heads I guess. :D What are they?

4. Capt Kirk

Capt Kirk Thank a Veteran today!

Here in the states, Black Friday is te Friday after Thanksgiving when all the stores traditionally start the Christmas shopping season. It's called Black Friday because the the stores hope to sell enough to get there finances into the black for the year.

5. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Traffic was way down to GardenStew yesterday so I guess that many in the US were taking advantage of the bargains.

Advertisement
  6. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

We have Black Fridays here too but they don't mean the same as yours do. Ours are thought to be unlucky if the Friday also is the 13th of any month.

7. daisybeans

daisybeans Hardy Maple

Nope, no shopping for me on Black Friday. I would avoid shopping entirely if I could... But my niece and her cousin shopped from Midnight until 6:30 a.m. Friday morning... and a friend began her Friday shopping before 7 a.m. They said they got good bargains and had fun.

8. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

No black Friday shopping here in Ontario either. Then, I don't seem to need an excuse to spend money ... it seems to spend itself!!

9. Karen B

Karen B Seedling

Hadn't planned on any Black Friday shopping even though I am within walking distance of a few stores - KMart, Office Max, Radio Shack and a quick bus ride from a few others.

However, I went to print something, don't even remember now what it was. First copy came out very faint so I tried cleaning the print heads and still faint. Then took the cartridges out to dampen the contacts (have done this before) and when I put them back in and closed the lid, there was this nasty grinding sound and the printer light started blinking at me. Message from computer was that it was not communicating with the printer (never mind what I was saying to both the printer and computer.)

So grabbed a credit card and walked the three blocks to Office Max. Fortunately it was around noon and the crowd wasn't too bad. Found an inkjet printer at half-off that also scans and copies. Already have a scanner but the price was lower and had more features than any plain inkjet that they had that also produced good prints.

Had other things to do yesterday so it is still sitting in the box on the kitchen floor.

So in my case it was good timing.

10. petunia

petunia Young Pine

No early A.M. shopping here. Though I went with my son to a mall after 5 p.m. last nite to do some shopping. Wasn't so bad to shop at nite and they still had some of their sales going too.

11. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

Omg I had to open at work on Black Friday! when I got to work at 5:45, I had to push through the crowd to get inside, and had to run and get ready before 6 (Im a cashier)! We had Ridgid wet/dry vacs going for $20, sold out of those in about 30 mins...
    I did get a present for my bf, we had 6-bottle wine coolers (not the drink!) for $48 and he -really- wanted one, so I got it :) But he doesnt know ;)