Can anyone help? - Electric fly killer

Discussion in 'Plant Pests, Diseases and Weeds' started by eileen, Jan 11, 2006.

1. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I had an untra-violet bug zapper in the house until last week when Ian's mother smashed it. :( Now, here in Scotland we have (as I'm sure you're all well aware) nasty little things called midges that it eliminated by the thousand alomg with other nasties. :D
    I want to replace it but can't find one on the net anywhere. :cry: Anybody know where I can pick one up? Hope so or the midges will have their pneumatic drills fired up and raring to go shortly and guess who they'll attack - ME!!!!!! :eek:

2. Loading...

3. EJ

EJ Allotmenteer Extraordinaire

4. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

5. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Thanks Frank and EJ for all those web sites - they're great. Obviously I was looking in the wrong places. :oops: Will check them out and see which one will suit me best. :D

Frank that fly swatter can be bought in Holland for the princely sum of ONE EURO would you believe. :eek: Only problem is the tiny flies still manage to get through the mesh somehow and have a good old chew on me. Pity the only thing I can attract nowadays is $%&^%$ midges.

6. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

1 EURO. Wow that's quite a markup on that site then isn't it.

I agree with you about midges, they are pure evil. When you work in a bog turning or stacking turf they show up as the sun is setting and they will feed on you like there is no tomorrow. I HATE them! :x