Can you help me find this bathroom light switch?

Discussion in 'Home Improvement, DIY and Repair' started by stratsmom, Dec 9, 2014.

1. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

Does anyone remember the bathroom light switch that glowed orange, like a tiny night light? If I remember right they never went out so they must have been hard wired in. I would love to find one for my bathroom.
    Also, I need about 3 colorful peacock feathers for an arrangement, anyone have any they want to sell?

Moderator's note: added a more descriptive title to topic

2. Loading...

3. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Deanna, check at a craft store for the feathers.

4. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

Why not install a pyro sensor switch to the light in your bathroom? It will be exactly like a motion sensing security light which will turn on the moment it senses body heat. See this link for example:

http://www.globalsources.com/gsol/Gener ... 0000003844

Basically, you'll now be able to go in and out of the bathroom - Without worrying about the light. It will automatically turn on wen you go in, and turn itself off when you walk out.

When I was a kid, we had glow in the dark switches. Which glowed green for a few hours in total darkness. But they stopped making those about 15 years ago... So now I myself keep glow in the dark paint powder, and paint it myself near all switchboards - And specially all around the main switch of the house. So in case the circuit breaker ever trips, I'll never be fumbling in the dark for a flashlight. :D

I've also got almost invisible UV paint powder too, but this only glows under ultraviolet light (also known as black light). So this I just use as a hidden marker, to catch people I suspect of thievery - As this powder is very stickly, and so not easy to wash off if it gets on your hands, (also very hard to see under normal light)...

[​IMG]
    Glow in the dark paint powder ( photo / image / picture from S-H's Garden )

[​IMG]
    UV paint powder ( photo / image / picture from S-H's Garden )

5. cherylad

cherylad Countess of Cute-ification Plants Contributor

Deanna... you mean one like this?

[​IMG]
    nite light ( photo / image / picture from cherylad's Garden )

[​IMG]
    still works... at least 50 years old ( photo / image / picture from cherylad's Garden )

Advertisement
  6. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Check out e.bay Deanna for the peacock feathers. You should get them there at a reasonable price. :-D

7. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Do you want them tall or short? I have a dozen but the thingies going down the stem are a little rumpled. They probably could be straightened out. I can pass along 3 of my most perfect ones. I love to give to my fellow Stewbies.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You are welcome to any of them. I can send them out on Thursday if all goes well with my weather. We are having a long lasting Nor'easter at the moment that will last till the end of Thursday. If you haven't relocated I still have your info.

XOX XOX

Frank, eileen, Sjoerd and 4 others like this.
  8. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

I have one of those little orange lights like the one shown...you are right they are so nice because they don't seem to ever wear out. I have used mine for many years.

For other areas I bought some of those flat squares that you can get in different colors. Walmart sells them in our area. One nice thing I found out about some of them is that they stay lit when the power goes out. I don't have a clue how they do but mine did At least we could walk around without a candle or flashlight...

9. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

Thank you Stewbies!! :p I actually found the switch today on my lunch hour. I wasn't using the correct terminology :rolleyes: The man at the tiny, old, home town shop informed me they are called "Illuminated Switches" so Merry Christmas to me :) Ebay has them too but I decided to support our local businessmen.

Henry Johnson and waretrop like this.
  10. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Stratsmom, I'm so glad you found the nightlight you wanted--and supported a local business, too. I don't know what I would do without our local hardware store, they solve so many problems for me!
    Sherry, we have one of those flat lights, and only recently started using it. After we redecorated the bedroom and relocated some furniture, it has saved us a lot of bumped shins. It emits enough light to see by, but not enough to keep you awake. The cat likes it, too since it makes it easier for her to find just the right spot to lick and wake us up to feed her.

11. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

I love this part. It's a good thing.

12. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

marlingardener wrote: "Sherry, we have one of those flat lights, and only recently started using it. After we redecorated the bedroom and relocated some furniture, it has saved us a lot of bumped shins. It emits enough light to see by, but not enough to keep you awake. The cat likes it, too since it makes it easier for her to find just the right spot to lick and wake us up to feed her."

We have them throughout the house marlingardener, My husband gets up early and I don't need a bright light in my face...I especially like the blue ones but the cat has the white one, which is brighter, by her food and box. Our basement is where her room is so the dogs don't bother her at all...

13. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

What we do for our pets :D

Honestly, I'm putting this in for my Mom when she visits!!!