Come one come all!

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Tooty2shoes, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

I thought this would be some thing that many of our Stewbies would like to get involved with.
    On May 14th of this year, ebird.org is hosting a World wide bird counting day. So get out your note books and binoculars out, and have a fund day recording what birds you see. Then go to their website and list them.
    We have so many folks here from all over the world it would be fun to see what birds they see on that day. I have it marked on my calendar. How about you!

Sjoerd likes this.
  2. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I'll mark it on my calendar too Tooty. I don't mind sitting watching the birds in the garden and counting them can be real fun.

Tooty2shoes likes this.
  3. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Anything that involves sitting down I'm all for! I'll mark it on our calendar, and spend most of the day sitting on patio with my binoculars and notepad handy. I'll get on the website and see if participants have to pre-register, or can just chime in with their counts after the big day.

Sjoerd and Tooty2shoes like this.
  4. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Eileen and Marlin--that is super. It would be fun to list the birds we see on that day here on the stew.

Advertisement
  5. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Tooty, the activity seems very easy--no pre-registration, no cost--just count birds and submit your list and location to ebird.
    I've printed out the explanatory page and will take it to the nursing home (there are several birders there that really know their stuff!). If they don't feel comfortable with the computer, I'll go in and submit their lists for them while they watch.
    Thank you for the heads-up!

6. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Sounds like a fun thing to do. With my memory I've probably forgotten about this by then unless I plot it on my phone.