Compost tea, what are the pros and cons?

Discussion in 'Organic Gardening' started by dimdim42, May 8, 2010.

1. dimdim42

dimdim42 New Seed

I just say a video on youtube about compost tea and was wondering if any of you use it. Sounds like it would work great. What are the pros and cons and are there certin things to add to the tea for better results?

moderator's note: added a more descriptive title to topic
    moderator's note: moved topic to more appropriate forum

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Donna S
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. crazy1
      Replies:
      Views:

3. mart

mart Strong Ash

My version of compost tea is just to throw a shovel of manure in a bucket and add water and let sit in our sun a few days. I do not do the oxygenation as some do. And it helps if gardening on a small scale or in pots. I really find no difference in using it and mixing the manure into the soil then watering it in. At least as far as soil fertility. Experiment with it and see what you think.

4. Rozilla

Rozilla New Seed

Compost tea

I wonder what you saw on youtube--I gotta look! Those of us who are rose nuts have been advised many times to concoct alfalfa tea, with various recipes involving alfalfa (horse not rabbit) meant for horses who can no longer chew, so I always wondered if I might welcome some toothless old horses into my garden. I do concoct my own moonshine fertilizer, but I let the rain brew tea from it. Making "tea" is a smelly and laborious process, and Mother Nature will do that for you at the next rainfall if you provide the ingredients.