Here's my story: I was snowed in for about a week during a terrible snow storm. My husband was out of town and I had a brilliant idea to create a stone design out of Plaster Paris over two arched entry ways into our kitchen. I was ga-ga for the whole Tuscan theme everyone was so wild about at the time. One wall turned out perfect with roughly seven carved stones made of Plaster Paris. It looked and felt like REAL stone! I was so proud. A couple of days later, I tackled the other side of the wall. I didn't realize it was doomed from the beginning because it was not properly primed and there was no way the Plaster Paris was going to adhere. I tried 3 different applications and once all the plaster dried, it was easily removed with a slight pull. I was beyond frustrated. I decided to remove all the stones, prime the walls and then try a brick pattern technique. Well, there was no way I could easily remove the stone on the one wall that came out perfectly. Those stones were there to stay. I had to chisel them off with an ice pick, sometimes in chunks, leaving big spple size gaps in the drywall. Yikes! I knew my husband would have thought I had lost my mind (to put it mildly). I had two days to remove this and get the brick pattern up and installed...beautifully! Okay...this story will have to be continued in Part II, tomorrow. I have to show you pictures of how it turned out..once I figure out how to upload them. (technically challenged over here). I'll also share my technique for creating a brick texture wall pattern. In the meantime..I would LOVE to hear your story. I find, the most interesting and creative designs are produced when we have to rise to the occasion, unexpectedly.