Does anyone else have a SLIPPER thief in the house???

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Sherry8, Feb 15, 2008.

1. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

[​IMG]

We have a problem at our house...Shadow our yellow lab loves to grab your slippers out of the closet and then run around the house so you chase her...and the worst part (LOL)is that she is teaching her little brother. Scooter to do the same thing... it is a way for all of us to get our exercise though...so it is a good thing in a way... I always buy extra slippers to have on hand in case they decide to have a tug of war with it when I am not in the room...and of course I always forget to slide the closet shut. Just some good old innocent fun at our house...All I have to say is that darn old yellow lab and she takes out flying...

I hope I didn't write one like this before about the slippers...I did check and couldn't find it...so....

Do any of you have a slipper thief in your house?

[​IMG]
    Here she is years later and still a slipper thief..luckily it was a slipper that had many miles on it...

[​IMG]
    The look of innocence.....

[​IMG]
    A little game of tug going on here...

[​IMG]
    Almost caught in the act for the little guy...

2. Loading...

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Aww, those are cute pics Sherry! No slipper thieves in my house. But my cat seems to be in love with my daughters winter hat! She carries it all over the house!

4. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Oreo has never chewed on anythig but his little mini daily bones.He was only 10 months old when I got him .He isn't a chewer unless he is picking at Cheyenne and he trys to take her homework.She told him tonight my teacher would never believe the dog ate it.:)

5. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

Chance has lots of toys so she doesn't chew our stuff. She chews holes in her blankets. We keep a gate across the bedroom door because she snoops behind the bed and steals kleenex from the wastebasket. She likes bits of paper and stuff to chew. I have stuffed animals all over the place and she never bothers them. We are careful not to buy her stuffed toys to play with. dooley

Advertisement
  6. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Lovely photos! Those dogs are adorable, thieves or not. Our cats steal the girls' toys to play with, and they open the closet doors to find a hiding place as well.

7. Palm Tree

Palm Tree Young Pine

Oh Sherry those dogs are adorable. Slipper thieves and all.

My dogs are somewhat like Dooley's Chance. They have many toys, and what is nice is that they like cheap toys best. Any thing will do as a toy, even the little cylinder on the inside of the toilet paper or even empty cooldrink bottles (only the ones that I cannot use in the garden).Saves me a whole lot.

At leat they have decent chew toys that I bouth them some time ago and they still play with that as well.

8. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

They don't chew the slippers up...they just play tug of war with them and they fall apart sometimes. They know enough not to take my favorite ones, just the extra old ones. We have boxes of toys here for the two and a basket that sits on a shelf on the TV stand with the favorite chew bones.... When we have to leave the house all we do is get a small milkbone and when they see you in the jar they start to walk to their kennels. We don't have to say a word. I just don't want you to think that they chew every slipper in the house because they don't...one falls apart when they play with it too much. They are good listeners and that is our way to get them to get the exercise they need by chasing one another around the house with a slipper..sometimes we just join in for fun..

9. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

I suddenly felt how much I miss playing tug and rolling about on the floor with a big, furry friend. I'm more of a cat person, but I like dogs too. I miss the one we had.

10. Biita

Biita Arctic-ally Challenged Forager

lol,, that is so cute. glad they know the difference between the good slippers and what they are allowed to play with.

Balder doesn't do anything like that, just chews his huge bone he has. He has toys but he's not to intested in them,,, but he does love to sleep, until he hears the door open then he's the first one out and running.

11. glendann

glendann Official Garden Angel

Cheyenne has give Oreo all kinds of little toys balls and little animals and he thinks every thing she brings in are his and doesn't rest untill she hides whatever she has are takes it home .He usually wins and gets whatever she has unless it might choke him.

12. kaseylib

kaseylib Young Pine

Both of mine are pretty good now, although my friend from Alaska made me a pair of slippers that are lined with beaver and have elk antler buttons on them...they're way too tempting to leave on the floor. I've already had to replace the buttons twice!

My Newf also used to have a sock fettish and would swallow my husbands socks whole...they always came out whole, too!!! Glad they're over that puppy stage!

13. frances

frances New Seed

My dog just wants to have something in his mouth all the time. Number one choice is balls; then its small cuddly toys; last choice is shoes. When he greets you, he just has to get something in his mouth before he can say hello. Usually, its a shoe.

Are other dogs equally oral?

14. SongofJoy57

SongofJoy57 In Flower

LOL . . . What a good chuckle for the morning . . . your doggies are real cuties, and I love your story . . . i can just imagine the fun you all must have . . . it makes me want a dog. :D

15. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

Frances...my yellow lab Shadow has to have something in her mouth too when my husband comes home from work. She hears the garage door and runs and grabs one of her stuffed animals...and waits patiently by the door for it to open..

16. Wrennie

Wrennie In Flower

Cute pics! No shoe is safe from my brothers golden retriever.Same chase me game too.