Droopy's WhatHaveYouBeenUpToWhileI'veBeenGone-Thread

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Droopy, Oct 21, 2015.

1. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Dear Stewbies, there are so many threads in the forums, and it's impossible for me to catch up by trying to read through them. So please, can you update me on activities, weird weather, special days and/or happenings and whatever else you'd like to share here? Thanks in advance. :setf_023::setf_023:

S-H likes this.
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Sjoerd
      Replies:
      Views:

3. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Well ... I have been crazy busy all summer and fall, my daughter got engaged and bought a house, and my son is away at college. My youngest daughter figure skates and so I have joined an adult class one night a week.
    I had a very productive veggie garden this year and learned to can last year so a lot of my produce has been canned. My flower gardens were almost completely ignored this year and so they are a MESS! I still love Hosta's though ... how is your 'Empress Wu' doing? I am still rather disappointed with mine and so I moved it a few months back. I hope it does better next year.

Droopy likes this.
  4. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Not a lot of gardening this year because of the continued drought and heat the last two summers. And as depressed I get by that, by the Fall of each year I still start looking forward to being able to get back out in the garden....just a glutton for punishment I guess.

We brought a stray cat into the house on Sept 27th last year and he died of a stroke on August 17th this year. It has taken me two months but I can, for the most part, talk about him now. And I am back to feeding the newest stray cats in the backyard.

Our youngest moved out of the house on Aug 1st.....empty nest...whohooo. We have been doing smallish repair and re-modeling jobs to the house and after the new year we are hoping to update the bathroom. and finish several things in the kitchen.

I have added way too many fantastic pieces of junque to my collection and hopefully by next Spring I will have most of it out around the front and back gardens.

Droopy likes this.
  5. dooley

dooley Super Garden Turtle

We didn't have a garden this year because we moved from Texas to Wisconsin in March of this year. We live in a ground floor apartment now. I can see the grass and trees out the window but they don't let you plant flowers and stuff out there. We belong to a Writer's Group at the Senior Center here in Oshkosh. Today, I was appointed the new facilitator. It means I get to choose three topics for members to choose to write about for the next meeting. It meets once a week. I do sewing and make reusable shopping bags and give them to everyone in sight. All of the bus drivers here have at least one. We ride the bus everywhere. We sold our truck to our son when we moved here. It's getting cold because we are up in the middle of the state where it does get cold and snowy during the winter. It's good to have you back. We sure did miss you. dooley

Droopy likes this.

Advertisement
  6. Droopy

Netty, congratulations on your daughter and son, and good luck with the figure skating. Our "Wu" isn't growing as big as she is supposed to. I guess I'm underfeeding her. We'll see how she does next year I guess.

Toni, so sorry for the loss of your adopted fur baby. I hope someone special will come wandering by one day. Congratulations on your empty nest. I guess it feels weird. You go, junque lady! Maybe next year will be cooler and wetter for you.

Dooley, congratulations on your new apartment. It sounds nice, especially with the writer's group near by. I bet the bus drivers love you for those bags. You make such lovely bags. Stay warm!

7. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

Well, lots happened in my little world while you were gone...I was gonna for a while too, son in law had surgeries, crazy time....but my biggest news is that I discovered love! :heart:

Here....here's the thread.....

http://www.gardenstew.com/threads/im-baa-aack.36273/

Droopy likes this.
  8. Droopy

Oh, my, Ronni, you've had some ups and downs. Good luck to your daughter's family. It seems they will be fine, though. Congratulations on your new love. I'm so pleased for you!

Ronni likes this.
  9. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Life here on our little farm is chugging along nicely--nothing much to say except we love it here more each day. The hens are still laying eggs, the bees gave us a moderate harvest this spring, and we finally got around to laying laminate flooring in the bedroom, and having it laid in the living room and dining room.
    With the wet, wet spring we had a bumper crop of tomatoes, potatoes, green beans, and onions. Everything else just curled up and died when the drought hit in June.
    Like Toni, we lost our beloved pet. In February we had to have our 14 year old Feliz put down--she developed a kidney problem that couldn't be cured. Even the vet cried . . . .
    I'm looking forward to doing some serious baking and cooking now that the weather is cooler.
    I'm so glad you are back--the Stew needs you and Truls and views of your lovely gardens!

Droopy likes this.
  10. Droopy

Hi there marlingardener, sounds like your life's a good one. Sorry for your loss of Feliz. It's hard when they have to go. I expect photos of baking and cooking of course. :D