Edible Succlents

Discussion in 'Houseplants' started by CJay, Apr 19, 2016.

1. CJay

CJay In Flower

Growing up we didn't have many house plants. Mom really isn't much of a gardener And try as dad did he wasn't ever around enough to maintain a garden. So our gardens were sparse and my experiences largely came from spending time with my grandmother.

Well with us having a home of our own now I'd like to start working on house plants.

So after a long intro to this thread. Let me ask. Are there any succlents that I can grow inside with moderate sunlight that are edible and tasty?

Thank you in advance. Y'all are always a wealth of knowledge.

2. Loading...

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

CJay likes this.
  4. CJay

CJay In Flower

Thank you. We must think alike or something cause I was actually reading that very same page when I popped back over here to check.

What I haven't seen yet is light conditions. Though I am still reading through it. I have a beautiful bay window on the south east corner of our living room. And I've been thinking of building a bed for it to hold plants.

I suppose I will Google lighting conditions and what not once I settle on some things.

As an aside. I would like to put an aloe plant someplace inside. And have a bush I need to clear outside the window and plant something else in its place.