Fancy having a garden in your hallway?

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Frank, May 2, 2016.

1. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

This couple ended up with a hallway garden as part of home makeover show. Their reaction? Well just watch...

S-H and Sjoerd like this.
  2. Loading...

3. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

Wow. I love flowers, and gardens....but I wouldn't want that in my house. :(

Cayuga Morning and carolyn like this.
  4. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

No Way!! The garden wall is one thing but that bedroom looks like something from Dr. Seuss fan who doesn't have his talent.

I have seen a couple of the make-over programs here where the designer paid absolutely no attention to the likes and dislikes of the homeowner and ruined parts of the house. Just one reason why I don't trust interior designers. :eek:

5. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

Eeek! I wouldn't want that in my house either.

carolyn likes this.

Advertisement
  6. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good grief that isn't something I'd contemplate having - ever. I do like plants indoors but that's way over the top and belongs outside not inside.

7. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

Not something I would want to live in. Plus it makes me wonder how they watered that wall of plants without any leakage or overflow.

8. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

Oh, lord no. The hall was dark and creepy and the bedroom was too cartoony. Who the heck came up with all that!?

9. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

wow... just wow.

10. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

That can't be real? Seriously, is there ANYONE who would like that??

11. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

Well I don't know about you guys, but I for one am now going to make something very similar to that hallway - Next time I get a chance to renovate my home, that is... And I will upload pictures over here for all to see! :chuckle:

Do keep in mind that I am after all a very passionate doomsday prepper, and so know how to survive in the wild, completely off grid - So obviously, this appeals to me a lot. Best part is that now all my vegetables and herbs will be protected from all types of nuclear, chemical, and biological fallout! :D

But the pink bedroom, well, that did make we want to vomit. Seriously, not joking... I mean *pink* for God's sake? I honestly can't think of a more offensive color... :dizzy:

Last edited: May 7, 2016
  12. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

I really like plants so it drives me nuts to see them in places where they are not likely to survive. I looked at that video with the sound off, so I did not hear if those plants had proper light....it just looked like windows across the hallway. All those plants will likely die a slow, sun-starved death. I agree with all the other comments...particularly how creepy it is!

eileen likes this.
  13. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

That is the worst I have ever seen...no way in my house either. I had to laugh when I read Toni's post about Dr. Seuss...exactly what I thought. I hope they take it out for them. I told my Husband to never do anything to my home without letting me know what is going on... I would of been very upset with that look..

14. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

I had a market yesterday.. (the first of my year, this one was a one time event at this place. It was an awful day for the weather, by the way... we packed up at 1:00 and came home. 45 and rain... ugh!).. but I had one customer poring over the plants, herbs, tomatoes, peppers... She was going to make a living wall... this was all I could think of as she was nattering on and on about organic, fresh food right in her own home... inside....I tried to be as encouraging as possible thinking about this womans reaction to the "living wall" idea. oyvey. mess, mess, mess, is the next aspect of having this. pruning, clipping, dirt, dead leaves, shedding of aborted fruit... etc. and don't forget... these plants need to eat, too. organic means natural additives for nutrients. I wonder what on earth she is going to feed them... rabbit poop? chicken? horse manure?... nettle tea?... worm castings? all make such a mess. thats for sure and what about the smell... oh, yah... fresh country air, coming right up. Well, as you can probably see, I don't think it is a working idea.

Frank and 2ofus like this.