Glossary Index

Discussion in 'Testing' started by Jerry Sullivan, Oct 31, 2014.

1. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

Jerry's Unofficial Gardenstew Glossary Index

:)A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z:)

Other Glossary Tests​
    A

aaaa . . . . aabb . . . . aacc

B

bbaa. . . . .birthday. . . . .bbcc

C

ccaa ccbb cccc

W

Woodland

http://www.gardenstew.com/threads/jerrys-yet-official-gardenstew-glossary.20652/

Hmmm....Oh, hi, welcome to my testbed for half tried ideas. I use this section to test my Glossary Index. You can watch, but please, only touch the buttons with smiles.....:)You may not get back from wherever you end up.

As a work in progress, this is a test. All words or terms appearing in this glossary are fictitious. Any resemblance to real words or terms, living or dead, is purely coincidental. That said....welcome to the Unofficial Gardenstew Words and Terms Glossary......hmmm....there are enough words that there should be an acronym in there somewhere.....U.G.W.T.G........GUTWG......needs more work. :-(

This is going to take awhile. (it did) Filling up a glossary with enough words and terms to make it look respectable takes time, thought, a lot of hunting, trial and error and many pots of coffee. I expect the winds of winter will be blowing with seasonal white stuff (boy did it ever)before it looks half way decent. Somewhere around 300 words(now 364 and counting) and definitions and/or explanations, maybe more. Any contributing words graciously accepted.

Oh!! If you find any words with a definition or explanation that is ambiguous, hard to understand or just plain make your toes curl, please let me know. I have a bag of wordsmith parts that easily supply more understandable meanings. :)

http://www.gardenstew.com/blog/c10953-3 ... ssary.html

I have found it easier to work offline and copy and paste later. Excuse me....I here a word calling.....

This is so cool!!! Look at all the tools in the edit toolbox!!
    Looks like it works:) [​IMG]C&P works too

Scientists ______ Botanists ______ Explorers
    ______Carl Linnaeus______

Jerry

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 12, 2016
    Frank likes this.
  2. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Hi Jerry---Here is another term: subnivean space. It refers to the space beneath the snow cover that is somewhat insulated from the cold. The white-foot mouse resides there in winter as well as, unfortunately, ticks infected with Lyme disease.

3. Riccur

Riccur Seedling

What is s significant about this space? Does it allow mice to stay warm during the winter months? How do they still end up getting food?

4. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2015
  5. waretrop

waretrop Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Well, the rodents and their ticks don't have to worry about the subnivean zone in my yard. They think they spend the
    Winter in lush tropical Florida when actually living in my greenhouse....they just go outdoors on very nice days. LOL