Gnome question

Discussion in 'Hobbies and Crafts' started by devonpete, Jan 19, 2007.

1. bsewnsew

bsewnsew Hardy Maple

critters???????????

What happen to the toad stools for cover??????
    Are the lazy varmints too lazy to get one?
    All I know is Walt Disney was afraid of Mice..
    How did he invent mickey?

bsewnsew

2. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I couldn't see him Critter, did he have on that horrid plaid bathrobe? He has the worst luck with houses, I hope it wasn't him.

3. devonpete

devonpete Seedling

I meant to answer this some time ago, but forgot. The answer (strangely enough) is, sometimes. No, I'm not Scottish either.
    Let me explain. As I sometimes go hiking on the moors, the type I use is called a 'Hiking Kilt', as the name infers, for hiking (doh). It's not your usual heavy stuff, it's a lightweight version, made in the US.
    Blokes in skirts? :-? Whatever next? :-? :-? :-? Once all the usual jokes are exhausted, it's actually as practical as any other form of hiking gear, just a bit unexpected maybe in Devon.
    'Regulation' length is, of course, just over the knee - any higher and there's a danger of frightening the horses. :setf_049:
    Pete.

4. Primsong

Primsong Young Pine

I've seen those! Utility-kilts, often made like men's khakis, pockets and all, it's just a kilt. They manufacture them in the Pac-NW and in Nebraska of all places, and I think they look great on guys. They have 'dressy' ones for the office too, in the same material you'd see for a suit.

Advertisement
  5. devonpete

devonpete Seedling

I don't know that I'd want to go to work in one. A pin-stripe kilt would be getting just a little too alternative for me.
    Pete.

6. Henry Johnson

Henry Johnson In Flower

Pete, I think I know why you've run out of SCOTCH; from the look and sound of these comments, you've been passing it around. Weeelllllll, that's great! let's take up a collection and get you a new case.
    Hank

7. devonpete

devonpete Seedling

All donations will be gratefully received. I prefer single malt, so get that donation box rattling. 8)

8. Desert Rat

Desert Rat The Dusty Blogger

What single malt do you favor?

9. devonpete

devonpete Seedling

Not fussy really. Glenfiddich is fine, thanks. I'm not too keen on Old Moorhen's Shredded Sporran though.
    Pete.
    (PS - My excessive downing of scotch is, of course, a cruel rumour started by those pesky up to no good gnomes. I have a suspicion that one of them has been posting messages here under false pretences, claiming to be an alcohol driven Devonpete.
    In reality I get through half a bottle a month, at the most, so a whole crate of Glenfiddich would see me nicely through 2007.)