Goldfinch.

Discussion in 'Bird' started by Sydney Smith, Feb 13, 2015.

1. Sydney Smith

Sydney Smith In Flower

Hi. They make a happy picture. Syd.

Attached Files:

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Tooty2shoes
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. kate
      Replies:
      Views:

3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I have a flock of finches that visit my feeders - goldfinches, chaffinches, greenfinches and bullfinches. I love to watch them squabbling over the food each morning.

4. Sydney Smith

Sydney Smith In Flower

Hi Eileen. How I envy you. At our last property ( there 28 yrs) we had the same thing apart from the Bullfinches - over all the many years I have seen very very few of them - perhaps two or three only even. The others were all regulars and wonderful to see them all over the garage roof squabbling to get on the feeders. That was near a large Town where there was far more birds than we get here out in the country.
    Speaking of birds en masse though the finest sight I have ever seen birdwise was when for just one day only we had a newly fledged family of Wrens in the garden. They were just little balls of fluff, I think there was eight of them and they were everywhere. Fascinating to see them actually fly at the highish fences round the plot - cling there a short way up - then up a little higher and cling again repeated to the top. Simply wonderful to see and the noise they were making was something else - for small birds whether young or adult they certainly can make some. Syd.