Greetings GardenStewers

Discussion in 'Welcome to GardenStew' started by FloraPie, Jan 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. FloraPie

FloraPie New Seed

Hi from FloraPie,

Avid herb and healing plant grower and photographer. The infamous MotherHerb grows in my garden as does Brahmi.

Living in the Australian bush allows me to sprout lush cucumbers, beet, chilli and ten herbs of report for everyday cooking and healing, very easily.

I look forward to getting to know more of this wonderful gardening community and sharing my flora pie.

Cheers.

Attached Files:

Sjoerd likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. Islandlife

Islandlife Young Pine

Hiya FloraPie from west coast Canada. Can almost see you way down there if the sun is shining bright! :) :) :)

Welcome :) :) :) :)

BTW - your BEETS look lovely!

Pacnorwest and FloraPie like this.
  4. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Hi FloraPie and hearty welcome to GardenStew :hi: Looking forward to hearing about your herb adventures and possibly seeing some of your photo skills.

Pacnorwest and FloraPie like this.
  5. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Hello FloraPie this time from Scotland. We have snow on the ground and nothing much is actually being planted at this time of year. My daffodil bulbs are almost three inches tall though so it's, on the whole, been a mild winter so far. I look forward to getting to know you and seeing just what your garden is doing on the other side of the world. WELCOME.

FloraPie likes this.

Advertisement
  6. FloraPie

FloraPie New Seed

@ Islandlife Many thanks. That beet image got a 100% saturation upgrade. It deserved it ;) Beets rule! I'm having mine roasted with thyme and butter slow cooked in the oven tonight. Lush with vitamin rich leaves to sizzle in garlic and Italy's best oil. Pest and wildlife resistant with both ends being edible, what more could one want from a crop? Mine was grown in a huge bulging veranda pot which bunched the leaves but let the beets have as much room as they wanted. Bunching the leaves in such a pot, made them look gorgeous as they grew.

@ Frank http://www.gardenstew.com/plantstew/garden-23934 My herb adventures.. now there's a book title :)

@ Eileen Snow! Yes, I am hearing of areas deep into their Winters. Beginning Australia's Summer for 2017 and it's supposed to be an Indian one. My garden is potted and mobile and thus no matter the season, what I grow, grows ;) Thank you so much for your lovely welcome, much appreciated.

Frank and Islandlife like this.
  7. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Welcome.......annnnnd nice-looking beetroot.
    Chapeau.

FloraPie likes this.