Have Caribbean Red (aka scotch bonnet)pepper seed if anyone is interested

Discussion in 'Plant and Seed Exchange' started by mart, Feb 29, 2016.

1. mart

mart Strong Ash

These are from the ones I grew last fall. I just picked the peppers and let them dry with seed intact. Probably 20 or 30 seeds in each dry pepper. Just SASE if anyone can use them. There are varying degrees of heat in Scotch Bonnets and I am not sure which these are. Some are hotter than Habanero. I did not taste these to see how hot they were. That's the reason I let them dry intact. Will send the whole pepper.

2. Loading...

3. liono

liono Seedling

I am interested, however, I cant send you stamps as I live in Libya. How about I send you seeds in exchange? I have Basil, Xenia flowers.

4. mart

mart Strong Ash

Can we send seeds to other countries ? I have never done that before. Let me check on any restrictions there may be. I would love some different basil seed. I just have the plain Italian sweet basil.

5. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Liono, you will need to contact your government about the restrictions on seeds/plants being sent into your country. You can contact your government agricultural agency for information.

Advertisement
  6. liono

liono Seedling

I did contact them and they have no objection for this species.

7. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Very good, thanks for checking on that. The restrictions are different for each country and the fines can be very expensive so it's always nice to know there will be no problem.

8. mart

mart Strong Ash

Do you know how the seeds must be marked in order to enter your country? While these seeds were allowed to dry in the peppers, and were grown in the fall so less likely to have any microbial beasties,,I can not certify that they do not. If the postage is not too much and the restrictions allow I will send the seeds. But please do not send seeds in return. I would rather just give you the seed. I have my garden here and would prefer not to have seeds grown in other countries due to the same problem.
    I will remove the seed from the pepper shell,, I know that is not allowed.
    Please PM me with your mailing address and I will check on postage.

9. liono

liono Seedling

Thanks mart for your generosity.

For seed importation, the only thing is that the seeds do net exceed 50 and they must be free from plant material and soil, the seeds can be simply placed in an envelope and sent as a letter.
    When they are from countries like US, Canada or west Europe, they are OK to enter my country, that is due to the strict rules on seeds in such countries.

I will PM you my postal address.

10. liono

liono Seedling

Hi Mart,
    I PM'd you the address.

Thanks

11. mart

mart Strong Ash

Got it ! will send plenty since I have no use for this many and I am not sure of the germination rate. They turn a bright red when ripe but I have no idea how hot they are. So do not take a big bite before checking the heat. They may be anything from mild to burn your socks off but they say the flavor is excellent.

12. liono

liono Seedling

Thanks mart. I will send you photos of the seedlings and the pepper when it matures.
    If you need any kind of seeds that grow in my place please let me know.

13. mart

mart Strong Ash

Will get in the mail Monday. Thanks,, I will but I must admit,,I have no idea what grows there.

14. liono

liono Seedling

I have at home: Basil, Parsley, Origanum majorana, Peppermint, Sweet Mint, Antirrhinum majus, Celosia argentea, Mango (I do not know which type but the fruits are very sweet and relatively small), Italian Cypress, Carnations.

I live near the Green Mountains which is rich of wild plants ranging from Pines, Junipers, Herbs (esp. Thyme and Sage).
    The fruits that growes near me are: Figs (black and green figs), dates (big red dates), Plum (yellow and dark red), Orange, Bitter Orange, Citrus×limon, Tangerine, Almond. That is all I remeber of the back of my mind.

Will send you photos from my garden.

TC

Thanks

15. mart

mart Strong Ash

Oh My,, you live in a virtual garden. Just sent you a message.

16. liono

liono Seedling

Hi Mart, here are photos of my garden and my seedlings
    IMAG0442.jpg IMAG0443.jpg IMAG0446.jpg IMAG0450.jpg IMAG0451.jpg IMAG0452.jpg IMAG0453.jpg IMAG0454.jpg IMAG0455.jpg IMAG0456.jpg IMAG0457.jpg IMAG0458.jpg IMAG0460.jpg IMAG0463.jpg IMAG0464.jpg :