Heading for the coast Saturday

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by 2ofus, Sep 3, 2015.

1. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

The Oregon coast that is. I gave Mike a belated deep sea/salmon fishing trip for our anniversary and, no, I'm not going with him fishing. I like to go coastal fishing but I want to be able to see land. While he is fishing I will be hitting the junk stores so we'll both have fun. First we are going to eastern Washington to visit or grandson and his baby boy. We haven't seen the baby since he was born and now he is 8 months old! We will also visit my best friend of over 40 years. That will be a great start for our trip. We're taking the laptop so I'll be sending reports and maybe even pictures, if I get the chance!

2. Loading...

Similar Threads
    1. Sjoerd
      Replies:
      Views:
    2. TheBip
      Replies:
      Views:

3. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Have a great time. I think hitting junk stores sounds like much more fun.
    I went deep sea fishing once off the Florida coast many years ago and I was the only on who caught anything. The rest of the group I was with, including my Dad, got seasick and spent the entire time laying on benches on deck and loosing their lunch overboard.

4. kate

kate In Flower

Junk shopping...mmm..love that kind of shopping!

Your Grandson will be at a great entertaining age, neither a toddler nor a baby. In the day nursery we used to call his age group tweenies.

At that age I used to lay my son on a blanket on the floor and let him kick, he loved it. His little legs and hands would go faster and faster with excitement. It helped him to walk at 10 months.

Enjoy him 2ofus!!

K

5. Ms kitty 01

Ms kitty 01 In Flower

Have a safe fun trip, Linda.i haven't ever been to the Oregon coast. Sounds great!

Advertisement
  6. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

What a great gift to give your husband. Now you can both do things together and then enjoy your time apart doing what you both enjoy. I'll look forward to photographs of your grandson and all the goodies I hope you've bought. :)

7. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I went to the Oregon coast at Bandon back in 1999, beautiful. We weren't there to swim or fish but there was a really nice quilt shop there and the group I was with was there for that.

8. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

We arrived safely and took a long drive down the coast just looking. The wind was really blowing and the ocean was really rough. The waves did look so pretty crashing on the rocks and rolling up on the beach though. I'm so hoping the ocean is calmer when Mike goes fishing. I did talk him into getting some anti-nausea pills. He has never been bothered by it before but, like I told him, better safe than sorry.

9. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

So glad you arrives Oregon safe and sound. Hopefully the wind will calm down so that Mike can go fishing without you having to worry about him.