Hello I have Java Finches 2 pairs. My pet finches started building their nest

Discussion in 'Bird' started by kiran k, Dec 28, 2015.

Tags:
  1. kiran k

kiran k New Seed

Hello,

My self Kiran from India. I have bought 2 Java finch birds. They just started building their nest in the Cage that i have provided. I feed my finches with the grains they love .My worry is what should I feed these adult finches if they lay eggs. so that they can feed their born baby finches. I dont have control to feed them by hand. I do just put the grain in the nest they do eat

Any suggestions are highly appreciated

Thanks in Advance
    Kiran IMG_6774.JPG

Tooty2shoes and stratsmom like this.
  2. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Hello Kiran and a warm welcome to GardenStew from Scotland.
    I couldn't find out much about what the parent birds should feed their young. However I did find this which may be of some help to you.

http://www.sjdjavas.co.uk/feeding.htm

3. Nicola

Nicola New Seed

IMG_1743.JPG Hi, my mum's finches eggs hatched just over 2 weeks ago, the 2 babies have already come out of the nest and started flying around
    The cage, they are still being fed by mum and dad though, they seem to of moved on very quick although we have not had finches before, my daughter is having the babies, when will they be ready to leave their mum and dad ? This pic is one of the babies

Tooty2shoes and Frank like this.
  4. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Wow those both of those birds are such cute ones. https://www.thespruce.com/java-finches-as-pets-390633 This is a link I found about raising the Java Finch. It had some really great info. Hope that helps kiran. Oh yes, I send you a big welcome from a Stewbie in Wisconsin, UAS. So glad you joined this wonderful and friendly site.