HELP!!! They just keep on coming!!!

Discussion in 'Plant Pests, Diseases and Weeds' started by KK Ng, Nov 13, 2016.

1. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

I agree with you Mart, from the description of your neighbour's plant it could be the same problem. Steaming the soil did not solve the problem too and yes it could be a problem of the soil itself. I forgot to mentioned that I used Epsom salt too and it did not help.

Back in 2014 April I had beautiful peppers growing in my garden if you can remember. I could not find the post but this is the photo from my garden in Garden Stew :)

[​IMG]

I had a total of 3 plants then and I did not had any problem with them. The only difference is that now I planted them in the back part of the house and before they were planted in the front.

Did your neighbour managed to solve the problem?

Islandlife and Sjoerd like this.
  2. mart

mart Strong Ash

No, she did not. She replanted some cuttings that I rooted from my tomatoes since we were not sure if it was the plant or the soil at that time,,same thing happened. I knew mine were healthy plants. So that leaves only the potting soil. And it was a major brand. I looked on the internet to see if others had problems and found a bunch of different problems with that brand.

3. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

That's interesting, hmmm....

4. GrowingMyDinner

GrowingMyDinner New Seed

Have you tried flushing the soil - flood it and let it run through many times until it the water coming out is clear? I think you have a nutrient imbalance of some sort.

Advertisement
  5. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

I am liking the looks of those paprika's.

6. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

Hi GrowingMyDinner, wouldn't flushing the soil remove all the nutrients? Yes I do agree with you that it could be nutrient imbalance. I do not have any facilities here to analyze the soil so I have to do it by feel the next time I plant chili.

Thanks Sjoerd, those paprika are like a dream come true. :)

7. Tacticalgardener

Tacticalgardener Seedling

I've seen very similar on tomato plants when the soil mix had trace amounts of contaminants in it. What type of potting soil did you use? Anything with organic matter has a chance of having trace amounts of herbicides etc in it from processing. I've seen symptoms like that when a contaminated bagged compost was used. It is really a hit and miss when it comes to buying compost or manure.

There is also a plant disease where i am from that does something like that. It makes all the new growth curl up and eventually kills the plant. It is spread by whiteflies here. It is called tomato yellow leaf curl. But it makes the leaves curl upward and inward. Maybe something similar though? Just a guess.

8. Tacticalgardener

9. Tacticalgardener

This might also be of some help to people. I keep it saved on my phone for reference

10. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple

Thank you so much Tacticalgardener, that single photo is really informative.

Happy New Year!

11. RoyFelton

RoyFelton New Seed

Are you still in trouble due to the attack of pests or have you solved the problem?

12. KK Ng

KK Ng Hardy Maple