Here we go again! :(

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Ronni, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

<sigh>

Not as bad as the first Snowpocalypse I posted about, but still...schools are closed, some businesses, and we're getting reports of icy and slick road conditions.

[​IMG]

Trying to get info from my neighborhood website as to the conditions of the roads leading to the freeway...it's just one road, 1.5 miles of steep, hilly and winding road with severe drop offs. It's still coming down too. And the temp currently is 24, predicted to go up to 31.

I guess Mother Nature decided to pay us back for the temps being in the 70's not even a month ago. Payback's a bitch, huh? :oops:

Droopy and Theresa1984 like this.
  2. Loading...

3. Droopy

Droopy Slug Slaughterer Plants Contributor

I hear you! I checked our stats just now. 28 days ago we had -13°C / 8,6°F. Nine days later we had a hot spell.16°C / 61°F. Since then we've had temps around 0°C / 32°F. Now we're in for a new freeze. It's not too bad yet, only -3°C / 26°F. We've had some snow, some thaw, some more snow, more thaw and so on and so forth. The joys of winter, eh?

4. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

today our windchill was -28 when we got up.. needless to say I am glad I did not have to go out. The highs today were only suppose to get to -1. A warm-up for tomorrow and the rest of the week. Stay warm...

5. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

.........and just when I thought we were over the worst of the winter weather. :crying:

Tennessee is under yet another Winter Weather Advisory. Front moving in, bringing with it more snow, sleet, possible ice and other random nastiness. Thankfully, the predictions so far (and this is Tennessee...the motto here is "if you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes!" so who knows what MIGHT happen?) is for a wintry mix with not a lot of accumulation. And the temperature will hover around 32 degrees during the daylight hours, so hopefully we won't have icy roads to deal with. I hope not, because I have Valentine's Day plans with my guy, and I'd hate the weather to get between me and getting pampered and spoiled. ;)

6. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

I hope you get to go out with "Your Valentine" today Ronni. Have a great day even if you end up staying at home. VValentines%20%20RRose%20%20BBouquet.gif