Hope all our Stewbies are safe in the wildfire areas.

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Tooty2shoes, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

PLEASE let us know how you are. I am praying that any of our Garden Stew family who live in the wildfire areas of the US are safe and sound. Boy on the news they said the the air quality is bad in those areas, and effects neighboring states as well.
    They are suggesting wearing masks that filter out the smoke particles. Yikes we are so blessed to be living where we are. My heart goes out to the fire fighters families who have lost loved ones fighting those fires. Also to those who have lost their homes as well.
    I also all the animals that must have died, or been injured in those fires. Thank God for other countries that are coming to help fight those fires. Pray safety over them all.

Frank likes this.
  2. Loading...

3. Ms kitty 01

Ms kitty 01 In Flower

There are fires all over Idaho where I live. We are not in any danger in my area, but our air quality is poor. I hate fire season. I took some bottled water out to the fire fighters a couple of weeks ago.

Tooty2shoes likes this.
  4. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

I have been worrying about our members in Washington state, Idaho, Oregon, and California. I cannot imagine the terror experienced when you see a fire line coming toward you and your home.
    Ms Kitty, that was so kind of you to take bottled water to the fire fighters. I'm sure everyone who can is supporting those fire fighters in any way possible.

Tooty2shoes likes this.
  5. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

We had horrible smoke for 3 days but thankfully no fires. We're keeping our fingers crossed though as Bow hunting will be starting soon. Most hunters are very careful but it only takes one careless one. My heart aches for all the people and animals affected by wildfires. I was looking out my kitchen window at the beautiful mountains that surround us and thinking...it could be us.

Tooty2shoes likes this.

Advertisement
  6. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Ms kitty I agree with Marlin, that was a nice thing to do in providing the Fire fighters with water. So glad to hear you are not in a fire area.
    2ofus--Glad to hear that you are also out of the fire danger except for the air quality. I'm sure somedays are better than others. Yes I hope also that hunters are very, very careful when out in the woods. Yes you are right that it only takes one small spark to set the forest on fire.
    Thank you for letting us know that you are OK.

7. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I've been watching the wildfires here on the TV news and wondering if everyone of you is OK. I hate the thought of people losing loved ones, their homes and their futures. I can only hope that they are brought under control soon without any more deaths. The firefighters are doing everything they can to contain them and they put their own lives on the line to save others. I'm so glad that you thought of them Ms Kitty.
    The wildlife is always so badly affected by these fires too which sends a shiver down my spine just thinking about the fear and pain they're going through.

8. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

Kitty, I meant to tell you that I was glad to hear you were safe and that it was a very thoughtful of you to take water to the Fire Fighters but Mike called me partway though needing help and I just ended the sentence I was typing and hit post.

9. Ms kitty 01

Ms kitty 01 In Flower

Thanks everyone. It was a very small gesture., but I enjoying doing things for others.