Horsetail Weed

Discussion in 'Plant Pests, Diseases and Weeds' started by Andie155, Jun 28, 2005.

1. DannyITR

DannyITR New Seed

I found this after a search on google. I have a large infestation of horsetail on my backyard lawn. Vinegar sounds like it works but will it kill my grass? I'm gonna saturate those suckers to death as soon as there are a few sunny days ahead. Can't wait!!

2. Primsong

Primsong Young Pine

Yes, it may kill some of your grass - the vinegar will affect any smaller plants it hits, though it might be worth trying "spot treatment" with a spritzer bottle, you need to realize you might also end up with a polka-dot lawn. The nice thing is it isn't toxic.

3. DannyITR

DannyITR New Seed

Hmm that may pose a problem. The entire back lawn is filled with them. I figured I'd pour vinegar everywhere but not if its going to kill my grass! There are too many to do one by one.

4. Gizmo

Gizmo Animal Magnet

I cant wait to try the vinegar this weekend. I'm not shore of the weeds name. Its been here since we lived here and comes from the our neighbors who has alot less then us.

Advertisement
  5. mcrait

mcrait New Seed

invasion of horsetail weed

Hi, I am so thankful to have found this site and the tips to try to eradicate this weed. I just got it identified and discovered how difficult it is to get rid of. It has completely overrun my perennial flower garden. I will keep you posted on progress. We have two small dogs and was glad to find possible non-chemical solutions.

6. Gizmo

Gizmo Animal Magnet

Glad to know you found the GardenStew helpful for your weed problem with no toxic chemicals :) . I'd like to welcome you from Fl. Everyone here is very nice and helpful :D . Keep us updated won't you.