How Elon Musk proved everyone wrong!

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by S-H, Aug 15, 2017.

1. S-H

S-H Hardy Maple

They, (the people) often told the Wright Brothers - That you are only wasting your time. As powered flight is not an achievable goal. It will forever be an unattainable dream. Men are not meant to fly, or else God would have given us wings...

But look at what these 2 brothers achieved about 115 years ago! :cool:

Next same type of habitually doubtful people said that breaking the sound barrier was impossible. But Chuck Yeager proved them all wrong! :cool:

After this people said that going into space was impossible. And going to the moon? Out of the question!

But then this happened! :cool:

But now, over a 100 years later since the Wright Brothers shamed their doubters - Just look at what the same type of people said about Elon Musk. And see how he too proved everybody wrong! :cool:

In my opinion, when other people see that you are onto something great, that you are possibly more capable then they themselves could ever be - Is when they, in front of their eyes, see their own colossal failures of life bubble up to the surface... So when they see you taking on a greater challenge, which they could never ever dream of doing, (obviously due to their own own limited mindset) - Is when they will start to badmouth and attack you, left right and center. In the hope that you fail, so they get to keep their crown, as well as laugh in your face by saying: We told you so, it wasn't going to work...

But you will not fail, if you are stubborn as a mule, totally inflexible, and completely uncompromising! :cool:

Last edited: Aug 15, 2017
    2ofus and Philip Nulty like this.
  2. Loading...

3. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    When you have a purpose and a dream no one can stop you. Sometimes the powers-that-be are not very forward thinking. Having imagination is maybe not something for the masses.

I've had an electric scooter for the last three years to get around the neighborhood, currently a little Swagbike. I live in one of the cloudiest, rainiest parts of my nation, yet many homes and the neighborhood school has solar. I even have solar for my caravan for camping. Wind and solar could easily be major contributors for electricity. And they will be, but it will be done by individuals, one household at a time.

Wish we had more dreamers with creative vision and the mindset to preserve. We'd all be the richer for it.

S-H, 2ofus and Philip Nulty like this.
  4. Jewell

Jewell Incorrigible Gardener Plants Contributor

Puget Sound Region of the Pacific NW,Zone7b
    http://lunar.xprize.org/ You might enjoy this site. You are probably aware of it, but I understand that the final submission has been extended to March 2018. Lunar expansion is on the way.

S-H and Philip Nulty like this.