How to keep rabbits out of the garden??

Discussion in 'Plant Pests, Diseases and Weeds' started by Netty, Jan 13, 2007.

1. muddybob

muddybob In Flower

I've got plenty of dogs and still have too many rabbits. Bess managed to grab one but since then they have learned to dash under the bushes when they hear dogs running. Do you think my dogs would roll in the fox's urine? That would be unpleasant. I like the idea of fake snakes. I think I'll get some and not tell Ron and see if I get any reaction. I just bet the dogs will grab them and play with them! If the wascally wabbits would just stay down at the barn they would not bother anyone. I think Bob likes them.

muddy

2. FallenDawn

FallenDawn New Seed

I had a rabbit problem about two years ago. The little buggers wouldn't stop eating my garden, so I ended up shooting them. Haven't seen a rabbit around here since.

3. vickie54

vickie54 New Seed

Something that works

I have been using deer scram deer and rabbit repellen t. Its granules and doesn't smell bad (smells like my spice rack LOL). They actually have a rabbit formula now though I'm sticking with the deer scram unless they come back with armies...

4. CritterPainter

CritterPainter Awed by Nature

brush your dog & mulch around your plants with his fur. Pile up some old apples in a corner to lure them away. And get lights with motion detectors aimed at the garden beds, they hate those! But really, gardeners have been battling bunnies since Eden, so ya just gotta do what ya can. Oh, and I have caged rabbits, use their aged poo for fertilizer. For some reason, the wild wabbits don't seem to care for that smell (my bunnies are all bucks). Just a thought.

Advertisement