How to pick fruits on tall branches? A silly question?

Discussion in 'Fruit and Veg Gardening' started by blueskyinsummer, Nov 7, 2011.

1. blueskyinsummer

blueskyinsummer New Seed

Marlingardener, I checked telescoping fruit pickers but my problem is if handle is not made of wood, I cannot use it because my electric line is running near persimmon tree and pear trees.
    I carelessly ordered telescoping saw with steel handle without knowing how dangerous to use this near the electric line.
    Sorry for my broken English.
    I was born and raised in non English speaking country and moved to state of Pennsylvania.

2. blueskyinsummer

blueskyinsummer New Seed

marlingardener, I ordered fruits picker from miller nurseries and this one is wood handles come in 2 four-ft section and add 8-ft to your reach.
    I needed wood handle because electric line is running near my fruits trees.

3. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

I'm so glad you found a wooden handled picker--watch out persimmons, next year!
    By the way, your English is fine. Mine lapses quite often, and it's my native tongue.

4. Tooty2shoes

Tooty2shoes Hardy Maple

Hi blueskyinsummer I do not think I welcomed you to this great site. I live in Wisconsin.
    We have a lot of wild apple trees and ordered just the apple picking basket from Jung seeds. It's metal with a rubber coating. I then attached it to a telescoping fiberglass pole that one uses to put a pool cleaning net on. Since it's a fiber glass pole it wouldn't conduct electricity. You probably could find one at a website or store that carries outdoor pool supplies.
    Maybe that would be an option for you. Hope it helps. :stew1:

Advertisement