Hudson and Molly.

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Philip Nulty, Dec 21, 2010.

1. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Oh to have an area like that in our village. Sadly there are too many new houses and office buildings being built and they have taken quite a bit of our green belt away in the process.

Philip Nulty likes this.
  2. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Eileen i was surprised,..as you well know open spaces for enjoyment are seldom developed these days,..green belts are not the top of the list at all.

3. stratsmom

stratsmom Flower Fanatic

A Screwdriver????? :eek:

Philip Nulty and Cayuga Morning like this.
  4. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Yeah Strats, I wondered about that too. Hopefully he is kidding and not about to lose his hearing along side Molly. (Right Philip?)

Philip Nulty likes this.

Advertisement
  5. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Lol,..Stratsmom and Cayuga Morning,..i was cleaning a fishing reel and using Baby Oil instead of the normal oil,..there happened to be a flat head screwdriver convenient and some cotton wool,..so i thought as the stuff in my ear was very dry it would be a good idea to add Baby Oil to the cotton wool then wrap it around the screwdriver and bung it into my ear,..gently of course :smt064,..it helped,..stopped the itching at least,..however my Doctor when shining a light into my ear said,..now i can see why you used the screwdriver,..happily i said,.. really,..yes she replied you have a screw loose in there,..that's my Doctor.

6. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

She got that right Philip! :smt082

2ofus and Philip Nulty like this.
  7. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

:chuckle: She has a great sense of humor and puts up with me,.. she claims i am one of her best patients,..now that could mean because she doesn't see me that often,..or because i tend to treat myself for ailments and accidents with home medication,.. then go and visit her telling her my problem and how i am treating it,..she has so far never objected to my self medication even though she may never have heard of the concoctions i use.

1 Tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar in a Half Pint Glass of Apple Juice,..will soften a Gall Stone so it will not cause pain,..Lemon Juice added will dissolve it,..believe me it works.

Went through the woods today with Molly,..surprise surprise there were paths cleared by the Authorities so one can wander through the woods in several directions,..first time to be clear in over 92 years,..there used to be a Military Magazine in there used by the British Army when they were in power.
    IMG_5307.jpg

IMG_5305.jpg

IMG_5306.jpg

IMG_5301.jpg

IMG_5304.jpg

IMG_5308.jpg

Henry Johnson and eileen like this.
  8. eileen

You and I are quite similar Philip. I rarely go to see my doctor and treat most ailments myself. I haven't resorted to a screwdriver yet but you never know. :chuckle:
    It's good to see that there's somewhere new for you and Molly to have your walks. Let's hope they don't allow the paths to become overgrown again. Molly seems to be enjoying the uncluttered paths from the smile she has on her face.

Philip Nulty likes this.
  9. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

LOL Eileen,..about the Screwdriver and its use,..i wouldn't say its recommended :rolleyes:.

There comes a time when one realizes that visiting a Doctor results in being forwarded to someone else,..who knows nothing about you except what is in the Doctors letter and that person ends up deciding what should be done,..this tends to be surgery,..as was recommended for me with a Gall Stone,..forget it i said,..i will deal with it myself,..they had never heard of treatment to relieve pain from a Gall Stone,..this was a Professor,..this was nearly two years ago,..since then i have had no problem at all using the Apple Cider Vinegar and the Apple Juice.

Molly is coping well with being deaf,..though she thinks i am just moving my lips and not saying anything,..i used to do this just to wind her up :).
    Sept 8th 2016. 012.jpg

Sept 8th 2016. 013.jpg

Sept 8th 2016. 011.jpg

Sept 8th 2016. 006.jpg

10. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

I noticed very small puddles of water here and there in the house,..at first i thought i had spilled a few drops when watering house plants,..then began to blame the cats,..seeing the puddles were small,..but not the cats or me spilling while watering plants :headscratch:,..it was Molly leaking :smt100,..so off to the Vet we went,..just one of those things that old dogs get,..here are some tablets,..one per day for 30 days plus some more in case she has an infection as well,..that will be £62=$66.18 :frustrated:,..pets are full of surprises :)

11. eileen

I really hope the pills work for little Molly Philip. Vet fees have gone way up since I worked in a practice!! Still if they do the trick then they're worth every penny.:fingerscrossed:

Philip Nulty likes this.
  12. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Thanks Eileen,..the Vet said that just one tablet might do the job,..yet he gave me 30,..so i scoffed to myself,..watching Molly tonight after one tablet,.. there wasn't a drop to be seen but i will continue with the 'Incurin 1mg' for a few days and the 'Noroclav 250 mg' in case of infection.

You are so right about Vet fees being higher,..i always prepare myself for the shock and make sure i don't bat an eye when told the cost :eek:,..my own medication for the waxy ear only cost £5,..it would have only cost half that if i got my Doctor to prescribe it,..we pay £2.50 for each item on free prescription,..but i would have to have driven to the Doctors and her Nurse was going to use a Syringe,..lol to pump out the dry wax,..NO WAY,..i had enough raised eyebrows raised here with just the Screwdriver :sete_056::sete_056:.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2016
    Henry Johnson and eileen like this.
  13. Kay

Kay Girl with Green Thumbs

Hello Philip and Molly! Love seeing her and hearing from you.

Philip Nulty likes this.
  14. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Hi Kay,..always nice to see you,..i bet you are up to your neck in work,..here's hoping you are enjoying it,..say Hi to your other half from me :like:

15. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Wow,..it didn't take long for the grass to grow in the extended park.
    IMG_5388.jpg

IMG_5389.jpg

IMG_5391.jpg

No grass here?.
    IMG_5379.jpg

Ok smart Ass.
    IMG_5409.jpg

Back off.
    IMG_5410.jpg