Hudson and Molly.

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Philip Nulty, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Poor Molly has certainly been through a rough patch Philip. Glad that none of it has lasted and that she is back to her happy self as evidenced in the photo above.

Philip Nulty likes this.
  2. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

awww. I hope she is well now. that is scary.

Philip Nulty likes this.
  3. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Good grief Molly really has been having a bad time of it lately hasn't she? I'm pleased to hear that she's recovering now from the drain incident. Our dog had a bout of sickness that lasted 24 hours just recently. I made sure he was kept hydrated and he recovered too but it's always worrying.
    I love the photograph of Molly with her new friend - just look at that happy grin she has and the sparkle in her eyes!!
    I'll keep my fingers crossed that she has no more health problems for a looooong time and you can enjoy her without worrying any more.

Philip Nulty likes this.
  4. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Thank's Frank,..Carolyn and Eileen,..yes poor old thing looked really miserable at me as if there were something i could do,..or was it the fact she felt sorry for me :rolleyes: seeing as soon as she moved off her bed i was ready to sprint to open the back door,..she sleeps on the floor in my bedroom on her own little bed,..so i placed crinkly plastic covering on the floor which makes a racket should she walk on it,..as i really only slumber i heard her move and i shot to the door quicker than she did,..nothing as bad as a dog with the runs :sete_050:

Advertisement
  5. Cayuga Morning

Cayuga Morning Strong Ash Plants Contributor

Glad to hear she is feeling better Philip. I hope her stitches heal well.

Philip Nulty likes this.
  6. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

truth... unless she were to eat deer guts... then it is puking, pooping and whining for days on end. days and days. been there done that. or smells like a skunk freshly sprayed... oh yeah... stench to the heavens and back! and you are the one puking.

Philip Nulty likes this.
  7. Kay

Kay Girl with Green Thumbs

Sending my best wishes to your Molly for a speedy recovery :heart:

Philip Nulty likes this.
  8. Kay

Kay Girl with Green Thumbs

Hi there Molly and Philip too! :) Take good care!!

Philip Nulty likes this.
  9. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Eileen,..as your dog was ill of late you know the story,..you know they are sick but thats about it,..all one can do is treat the illness and show the dog affection,..still its a worry.

Cayuga Morning,..the stitches have now being removed but the hair is taking time to regrow,..its a horrible feeling petting the dog then feeling this rough bald patch,..nobody has noticed it seeing the skin in that area was very dark so it blends in with a black and white dog :whistling:

Carolyn,..holy cow,.. you went through some experience with with yours,..deer guts,..puking and pooping and whining for days on end :( the stench must have being overpowering,..i remember one dog of mine eating Rabbit Guts,..well several lots of Rabbit Guts in one go,..i didn't notice until it puked all over the back seat of the car as we were on the motorway :dizzy:

Thanks Kay,..hope the job is going well for you,..i was off on a boat trip from just before Christmas,..for six weeks,..no camera/Phone or computer,..just Molly and myself,..decided on the spur of the moment,..so nobody heard from me for six weeks,..it was great,..i mean for me lol.

Cayuga Morning likes this.
  10. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Don't go into the water until i tell you,..in other words freeze,..don't move.

How am i doing?.
    May 3rd 2017. 009.jpg

Not bad,..your kidding,..i didn't even blink,......your pulling my chain right,.....now can i go swim.
    May 3rd 2017. 010.jpg

Happiness is wet all over.
    May 3rd 2017. 012.jpg

Swans grazing,..one would think it were sheep.
    May 3rd 2017. 002.jpg

Lush green grass.

May 3rd 2017. 006.jpg

May 3rd 2017. 007.jpg

Kay, Henry Johnson, eileen and 2 others like this.
  11. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

Yep Phillip..... Every hour on the hour outside with diareah for a solid week. GROSS!!!!!!!!

Philip Nulty likes this.
  12. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Poor creature,..you have to feel for them,..but why do they insist on eating stuff like that lol :setf_028:

13. carolyn

carolyn Strong Ash

kind of feel sorry for them? . if she had the opportunity to do it again... she would. I was just thinking she no longer smelled like a skunk just a few days ago... she fixed that. pepe la pew! shot her on the mouth. they just don't learn.

Philip Nulty likes this.
  14. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Ahhh a wet dog is a truly happy dog and Molly's grin says it all!! They do seem to have a habit though of making sure they shake on YOU when they come out of the water!! :rolleyes:

Philip Nulty likes this.
  15. Philip Nulty

Philip Nulty Strong Ash

Carolyn,..so true,.. same mistake over and over,..i mean eating bad for the tummy things and having a roll on a dead fish,..both result in having a sick smelly pet,..since summer began on 1st of May i have pushed myself to walk further each day,..either dragging a tired dog home or trying to hold back a dog full of energy when we begin,..rushing to get into the river is target number one,..not for me,..Molly of course,..leaving the river i have to make sure she wasn't in the muddy part before setting home across the fields so she walks in front with me clipping her heals when she slows down lol,..she sticks to the track.

====================================================================================

Eileen,..oh i have had many a wetting from,.. a shaking the water off dog,..:whistling: the advantage of field walking at present is Molly smells of Water Mint,..its all along the river banks and spreads over 200 yards from the shoreline,..lovely smell.

Water Mint.
    May 3rd 2017. 014.jpg

Henry Johnson and eileen like this.