I hate colds!

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by Ronni, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

By dose is all stuffed ub. I'b coughing ad by throat hurts. I'b achy ad I soud like a squeaky bouse. I get this crud every year, ugh. DABBIT!!!! :mad:

2. Loading...

3. Sherry8

Sherry8 I Love Birds!

Every place you go and every one you talk with has it right now. I have been sick too and I just quit my cough syrup because it was drying my throat out too much and I feel a lot better. I hope you feel better soon Ronni...

4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Ronni let the family pamper you until your cold has gone - you deserve it. Feel better soon.:kiss:

5. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

Ronni I feel your pain. Sitting here with a stinking one at the moment. This Christmas period was rampant with colds.

Advertisement
  6. Kay

Kay Girl with Green Thumbs

That's too bad. Take a good rest and you'll be good as new!
    :smt085

7. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

I'm sorry to hear you feel so rotten. I hope you feel a lot better soon.

8. Netty

Netty Chaotic Gardener Plants Contributor

Get well soon Ronni.

9. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

Thanks guys. I wish I could say I'm improving, but unfortunately I'm not. I feel worse today than yesterday. More congestion, sneezing, throat on fire. Ugh. Paige looked at my throat for the white spots that would indicate I have strep. Nothing so far. I am grateful I don't have to work today, so I'm just going to pamper myself and take it easy, and see how I feel tomorrow. I don't head to the doc for every little sniffle, but this particular viral strain, for whatever reason, has turned into bronchitis, sinusitis, and in a couple of cases pneumonia. So I'm not going to be taking any chances.

2ofus and Sjoerd like this.
  10. Sjoerd

Sjoerd Mighty Oak

Beterschap_061.gif

Ronni likes this.
  11. Islandlife

Islandlife Young Pine

Get feeling better soon! We have lots of cold & flu going 'round here this year.

12. mart

mart Strong Ash

I have the cure for the common cold,, 1 large cup, two tea bags, sugar to taste, boiling water. Steep the tea bags add sugar throw in lemon slice then add a good shot of your favorite whiskey. Repeat as often as necessary. Two or three cups should do the trick. If not at least you won`t care if your sick ! Also works for bronchitis and the East Texas crud !

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  13. Ronni

Ronni Hardy Maple

Thanks guys. I wish I could say this was getting better. :confused: The good news I guess is that it's not getting worse.

I can't head out to the Doc even if I wanted to. Woke up to snow yesterday morning, and it continued to fall, accumulating an unpredicted couple inches of snow (it was only supposed to be a dusting) with temps in the teens to single digits, overcast conditions and snow turning to ice. There's only one hilly and shaded road from my subdivision to the freeway on one side, and a highway on the other..couple miles in either direction. It became impassable and the police eventually closed it down after a dozen or more cars became stranded and unable to navigate the hills. Even the tow trucks couldn't get to them.

We have a very active neighborhood website that everyone reports into, and there are numerous reports this morning of still unnavigable roads out to civilization. It's barely 11 degrees right now, and it's supposed to get sunny later today, but the temps still won't get much higher so I don't expect a lot of road improvement today.

14. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Put Echinacea with or without Golden Seal, Propolis and Vit C, in your daily, year round routine to build up your immune system. Then even if you do catch something going around, your body will be able to fight it off before it gets bad.

2ofus likes this.
  15. Jerry Sullivan

Jerry Sullivan Garden Experimenter Plants Contributor

I hope you get over your told. It is however, a good excuse to go to a jewelry store and get an amulet to ward off evil cold germs. Perhaps an evil eye to scare off germs. I would not recommend purchasing the ancient Roman version of an amulet as it would not be politically correct. Ward off germs maybe, attract stares and snickers, yes. Anyway, get well soon.

Jerry

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  16. 2ofus

2ofus Hardy Maple

I hope you get to feeling better soon Roni. I'd try Mart's suggestion. I've tried it before and it worked gooood!