I love Vincent Van Gogh paintings and in particular Starry Night

Discussion in 'The Village Square' started by toni, May 18, 2015.

1. toni

toni Mistress of Garden Junque Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

Now what this has to do with that is we are going to the MacDonald Observatory this weekend for a Star Party..... https://mcdonaldobservatory.org/visitors/programs/star-parties.

There will be some junquing involved along the way, we are spending two days in Abilene and re-visiting some of the places we found last Sept on our Yurt trip....but also want to wander through a couple of museums we missed last time the Dr. Seuss Museum and Frontier Texas Museum

Leaving on Thurs and be back home on Monday evening. Friday night, our 35th anniversary, will be spent outdoors looking through big telescopes at real stars. And yes at least a few of the couple of hundred other people there will probably start humming ...... The stars at night are big and bright (clap, clap, clap, clap) deep in the heart of Texas.

2. Loading...

3. TheBip

TheBip Young Pine

I used to be kinda meh about his paintings, until I watched an episode of Dr Who, Vincent and the Doctor *lol* I havent looked at his work the same way again :p

4. eileen

eileen Resident Taxonomist Staff Member Moderator Plants Contributor

I've seen quite a few of Van Gogh's paintings but can't get my head around just how much each one is worth. I think I'd much rather see the real starry night through a telescope like you will. I do hope that the sky is clear for your visit to the McDonald Observatory so that you can tell us all about it.

5. Frank

Frank GardenStew Founder Staff Member Administrator

I love Starry Night also Toni. Happy anniversary in advance and have a great trip away you two!
    Do you feel the junque calling to you? :D

Advertisement
  6. toni

My problem is I always feel junque calling me. o_O Sometime I think they are calling me names for not buying them but I really am running out of room. :(

The fun thing is that my oldest daughter has begun to get interested in taking junque and repurposing it....she finally started watching a program through NetFlix called Flea Market Flip and has gotten so many ideas. Guess I did pass those genes to her afterall.

Frank likes this.
  7. marlingardener

marlingardener Happy

Toni, we attended a star party at the Observatory--a wonderful experience.
    I must be a bit left of center because I adore Van Gogh's paintings--we have several copies hanging on our walls, including his self portrait before the ear incident.
    Have a great trip, good junquing, and when you get home, show us photos, please.

8. toni

I have a print of Starry Night and a small one of his Irises. There are a few more I would like copies of and come to think of it, they are all in blues....guess I have a thing for blue paintings.